Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk promises better Summon coming "next year"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think we need a new section in the forum, "Elon promises", so we can track them there- what was promised, what was delivered and when, what is still pending, what excuses were made for not delivering. It would give the new members a good perspective on any new promises made.
That would be quite the thread.... except the Kool Aid drinkers would tank it defending every promise.....zoo the store they would :D

I think we need a new section in the forum, "Elon promises", so we can track them there- what was promised, what was delivered and when, what is still pending, what excuses were made for not delivering. It would give the new members a good perspective on any new promises made.
There's a Reddit thread with a whole list across Tesla and space x. I didn't realize how long the list wad and how deep the rabbit hole goes

It’s not the broken AP1 promises that worry me, it’s that it was so casually forgotten about that I’m afraid the same will happen to AP2. The dash cam might just be the beginning of fragmented hardware features based on what month you bought your vehicle.

I think fragmented hardware by month is fine so long as nobody is oversold at the time of purchase. E.g. nobody with AP 2.0 hardware was promised a dashcam when they bought it, so it doesn't bother me that that was only released it for AP2.5+.

AP1 was a different story -- what Elon described as AP1 summon (before anyone could purchase it) and what Tesla delivered are lightyears apart. Tesla had the excuse of an indefinite timeline prior to AP2, but now that they're delivering AP1 promises to AP2 owners, combined with the fact that AP1 feature development has stalled, it's pretty clear they are not intending to deliver those AP1 promises to AP1 owners.

I think fragmented hardware by month is fine so long as nobody is oversold at the time of purchase. E.g. nobody with AP 2.0 hardware was promised a dashcam when they bought it, so it doesn't bother me that that was only released it for AP2.5+.

AP1 was a different story -- what Elon described as AP1 summon (before anyone could purchase it) and what Tesla delivered are lightyears apart. Tesla had the excuse of an indefinite timeline prior to AP2, but now that they're delivering AP1 promises to AP2 owners, combined with the fact that AP1 feature development has stalled, it's pretty clear they are not intending to deliver those AP1 promises to AP1 owners.
100% agree. I think FSD purchasers are in the same AP1 promises boat. I feel for the folks that leased and are paying for FSD on the promise of three months maybe, six months definitely, and have yet to get a single feature and will turn in their lease and never get what they paid for.

Reactions: croman
100% agree. I think FSD purchasers are in the same AP1 promises boat. I feel for the folks that leased and are paying for FSD on the promise of three months maybe, six months definitely, and have yet to get a single feature and will turn in their lease and never get what they paid for.

Why? I wanted to help Tesla achieve FSD as quickly as possible. I am helping the only way they allow me to: Giving a $3000 0% interest loan to Elon so that he can reinvest it on R&D. I like to think that part of Karpathy's salary is paid using my loan.

If they would allow me, I would help by labeling images, being a beta tester, developing apps for the MCU, training or designing NN's (I have a good background on that), ...

So, good news, there is no need for you to "feel" for me. I have the money exactly where I want it to be.

Why? I wanted to help Tesla achieve FSD as quickly as possible. I am helping the only way they allow me to: Giving a $3000 0% interest loan to Elon so that he can reinvest it on R&D. I like to think that part of Karpathy's salary is paid using my loan.

If they would allow me, I would help by labeling images, being a beta tester, developing apps for the MCU, training or designing NN's (I have a good background on that), ...

So, good news, there is no need for you to "feel" for me. I have the money exactly where I want it to be.

Because those that leased their cars aren't giving a "loan". They return the car having paid monthly payments towards a feature they simply never received. That isn't a loan, that's called burning your money.