Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk Teases Features of Tesla’s Version 10 Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla’s Version 10 software will start rolling out as early as next month, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

“Depends on how release to owners with early access goes, but hopefully wide release by end of August,” Musk said on Twitter in a reply to a question about when to expect deployment of the software.

Musk also teased several new features included in the release, such as new games, streaming video options, and improvements to self-driving features like Autopilot and Smart Summon.

Streaming video is sure to be a popular feature, since major platforms like Netflix and YouTube will be available on the Tesla dashboard.

“Ability to stream YouTube & Netflix when car is stopped coming to your Tesla soon! Has an amazingly immersive, cinematic feel due to the comfy seats & surround sound audio,” Musk said on Twitter. “[Coming in] Maybe August, not more than a few months.”

Tesla released Version 9 software in September 2018, which was the first significant overhaul in years. It seems the company believes the next update is hefty enough for a new numbered version.

What features would you like to see in the new software?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a major update to the map functions, such as time and distance between any two points, alternate routing, and more accurate speed limits (I can have two different speed limits on the same street depending on which direction I'm going!), built-in primary database for times when out of cell tower coverage.

The car has several GB of map data onboard already, and will route when out of cell coverage - you just don't get the traffic and road closures factored in and you don't get anything displayed. Along that line, though, it would be nice if it cached the whole trip/leg when you're in good service in anticipation of the loss of coverage.

I liked the weather overlay suggestion, too. Also want the waypoints and routing priority choices folks have been asking for forever.

Option to integrate Waze type information into the main screen somehow - either a functional alternate app or an overlay for the map or a Tesla "waze" auto-populated by the cars' computers.

I'd like to have some way of seeing how your consumption compares with the predicted consumption for the route you're on in real time instead of just the cumulative that you have to wait to see how it develops - maybe a second color in the energy screen that shows the predicted consumption.

The one thing I want most of all is to have the battery percentage on arrival constantly visible in any map view mode. It used to be I could have that by enlarging the instruction list, but that's been linked to leg/trip zoom since the start of v9.

Reactions: Highdesertrace
You just cannot set an end. Sometime if I do a lot of driving in the early morning, when I get home I would like to allow it to charge until noon when the rates go up. I can guess at the charge limit so it stops but the ability to set the time to stop would be ideal.

Got it. Never used the feature as here in Seattle the price is the same, 24 hours a day - $.10-$.11/kWh

How about less games and focus on improving the touchscreens so they don't go yellow, around the border, removing phantom braking from TACC and AP so that they are useable in real life without compromising safety and comfort and not reducing the range of the battery on some models.

When I park my car paralel to a kerb I need to touch screen three times before my mirrors are tilted. In other cars (BMW Mercedes) I can tilt mirrors with a conforable switch under my left hand when car is set to R. I suggest to display icon MIRRORS TILT on Tesla's screen automatically when the car is in R mode and automatic mirrors tilt is not selected in the menu setup.
I often listen audibooks using USB flash memory stick but when change to radio news just for a while and resume audiobook the car loses the track and I have to search manually the interrupted part of a book chapter. Even middle class cars have USB audio system that can save the moment of audiobook interruption.

Reactions: 233.3
I would like to see a round trip function on the navigation app. It will show you where to stop to charge to get there, but you usually will be about empty when you arrive and can't make it back to the charger.

I 100% support this feature request. As an outside sales rep who spends a lot of time in my car driving from appointment to appointment, it would be so beneficial to be able to put in all my stops for the day and have the Nav give me best options to charge. I often prep by using ABRP to achieve this, but I would much rather plot out my stop on my phone in Google Maps and then just share it to car.

The other is when you're going to visit a location and you will not be able to make it back without a charge, please tell me the best options!

Reactions: lardog
My M3P is just amazing.
Few things I'd like to see coming at some point:
  • Map showing functionality like Waze does
  • GPS needs improvement. Let's add some StreetView features and make it more proactive
  • The ability to enable the back camera into a small window for safety purposes
  • Some types of Car Play functionality to benefit from enhanced Apps on Mobile
  • Control the sensitivity of the wipers. They are currently too reactive and that's a safety issue

I'd love to have more voice command options so I don't have to take my eyes off the road. Also, the ability to have 2 cellphones connected at the same time. But most importantly, more superchargers in rural and semi-rural areas. We have had 2 very close calls during winter, at night, with chargers spaced about 200 miles apart. In winter, 200 miles is too far.

Reactions: willow_hiller