Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk Teases Features of Tesla’s Version 10 Software

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tesla’s Version 10 software will start rolling out as early as next month, Chief Executive Elon Musk said.

“Depends on how release to owners with early access goes, but hopefully wide release by end of August,” Musk said on Twitter in a reply to a question about when to expect deployment of the software.

Musk also teased several new features included in the release, such as new games, streaming video options, and improvements to self-driving features like Autopilot and Smart Summon.

Streaming video is sure to be a popular feature, since major platforms like Netflix and YouTube will be available on the Tesla dashboard.

“Ability to stream YouTube & Netflix when car is stopped coming to your Tesla soon! Has an amazingly immersive, cinematic feel due to the comfy seats & surround sound audio,” Musk said on Twitter. “[Coming in] Maybe August, not more than a few months.”

Tesla released Version 9 software in September 2018, which was the first significant overhaul in years. It seems the company believes the next update is hefty enough for a new numbered version.

What features would you like to see in the new software?

Last edited by a moderator:
The early glimpses of V10 from Tesla sources showing beta ... at a distance, look just as sh*tty as V9. Groan.

I don't think they did much with the UI as far as what needs to be done with the UI.

People at Tesla are confusing "new features" with UI.

UI is UI... treat it like the real problem it is please Tesla!

The early glimpses of V10 from Tesla sources showing beta ... at a distance, look just as sh*tty as V9. Groan.

I don't think they did much with the UI as far as what needs to be done with the UI.

Would you mind linking? I haven't seen any pictures of 10 yet.

Reactions: Phlier and jebinc
@scottm

I look forward to (and remain hopeful for) V10. I agree upgrades have tended to add features without solving for consistency/simplicity.

Recent updates added “app” groupings like Toybox and Arcade to the everything drawer. There is certainly an opportunity to be cleaner about treatment across Apps generally and consistently use a notion of Favorites.

The music Menus need to be simplified as well. TuneIn is a Streaming Radio service for your Phone. Recognizing that, easy to see that menu options of Radio, Streaming, Phone and TuneIn would have ambiguity. Best example, TuneIn has a station sub menu, with radio stations. I’d suggest something along the lines of Radio, Music, Podcasts and Phone.

All are opportunities to improve an interface that I nonetheless think is significantly better than other automotive options out there... but it needs to stay ahead.

Yeah these two updates would be a great quality of life update to Sentry mode since it's currently in v1

I'm also hoping with v10 that when turning on your turn signal, the side repeater cameras appear on the display similar to the rear back up camera. Another safety feature to improve lane changing and blindspot when changing lanes
Dude u got it all!!! I don’t even have to put in my demands!

Reactions: follow.johnny
How about adding a child mode that the car would remind you that u have a child in the back! Since every year we hear about parents leaving kids in the backseat and the kids end up dying .
The seats are ready have a sensor on them, I can’t believe we have a dog mode but we don’t have something that would save children’s lives .

What so sh*tty about UI ? Have you seen UI of other cars ;)

Don't get me started again.. there's other threads and plenty of posts on this.

I see you have a model 3. It's better in the 3 than the model S.

If you don't mind the UI everything is going to be just fine for you.
Oh yes, I want a few hundred things changed but that doesn't mean I lose my mind over it - esp since the UI on Toyota we got last month is so obviously inferior.

• Love
Reactions: mikes_fsd
2019.32 is out in the wild now, not V10 but it does include a new key fob security update tool for the Model S

Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 08.48.39.png

2019.32 is out in the wild now, not V10 but it does include a new key fob security update tool for the Model S

View attachment 446533
Note that it mentions v2 fobs. It would be nice if Tesla would swap out fobs for everyone with the older, easily-hacked fobs. I read in one thread that Tesla swapped out key fobs for one owner when he took his vehicle in for service but I haven't heard of them doing this for everyone.

How about being able to view ANY camera in real time. We have camera's on the side of the car, why can't we use them when we lane change?
Oh, man, I'd love this. I have three levels of my neck fused. Please, Elon?

As long as I'm on that, why don't we have that cool overhead parking view that you get on BMW, Mercedes, Volvo, etc? Seems like we have enough cameras to pull that one off too.
Even my brother's Ford pickup does this! But my Tesla doesn't? Can't let this stand, Mr. Musk!

I love my car, but those two quality of life problems would be nice to have solved. Would just make the perfect car even better. ;)

Reactions: jerseygirl18
Most interesting to me are advanced summon, stop sign/light recognition, and anything that inched us toward FSD. Also, convenience items like more voice commands for ordinary functions like, as mentioned, the glovebox. I’m not interested in eye-candy or games. As for entertainment while charging, why not get your Hulu, Netflix etc. from your phone, but be able to Bluetooth it to the vehicle screen. I am not technically able to assess this. But it seems to me we already have what we need for games or entertainment on our mobile devices. Why should Tesla be taking its time and energy to duplicate that on the car screen? Just give us a way to access the screen from our mobile device. What am I missing in that suggestion?
good point, but i'm thinking maybe hulu/netflix (whose stk is struggling lately) offered a deal to T. that can't be refused.....

I would like location specific auto locking. I want it to auto lock at work, the store, jersey mike's, etc., but not at home. It bugs the crap out of me when I walk to the car to get something out, or put something in, and I have to have my phone on me or get my playboy card out just to open the door. They have opt out locations for the sentry mode, seems they could do the same for auto locking.

Reactions: Phlier
I would like location specific auto locking. I want it to auto lock at work, the store, jersey mike's, etc., but not at home. It bugs the crap out of me when I walk to the car to get something out, or put something in, and I have to have my phone on me or get my playboy card out just to open the door. They have opt out locations for the sentry mode, seems they could do the same for auto locking.
Yeah, that really would be nice. When my car is parked at home in my garage, I don't want the darn doors to lock!