Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MVPA lists odometer at over 1300 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If the car really does have 1300 miles you should be getting a discount. Before you decide to accept the discounted car, ask for an explanation of the mileage and for CarFax and maintenance/transportation logs to back up their story. If they sold this car to someone and took it back due to issues, they shouldn't be selling it as new. And likewise, if they were using it as a test drive/showroom model, you want to know that and make sure the discount is enough to make up for some pretty heavy wear and tear.

Reactions: cwerdna
Sounds like a demo car or similar. They have to disclose that on a doc you have to sign...at least in CA they do. Regardless, no way would I be paying full price for that...I got $2k off my loaner with 800 miles on it, and I probably should have pushed for more. I’d push for at least $2,500-3,000 off or more.

That is a lot of test drives...or worse. Cars with 1,300 miles are not new.

I wouldn’t worry about the VIN, but I would definitely inquire about the mileage. As others have said, if it has 1300 miles it has to be a New - Service Loaner / Demo car and should have a pricing adjustment to reflect that.

Personally, with 1300 miles I wouldn’t be too concerned. The abuse that service and test drive cars see is nothing compared to that of showroom cars, and is typically less than we’d put on our own cars.

Reactions: C141medic
Hmm, I just got my new MVPA after changing VINs. The odometer is blank final price sheet. Yes, I'm 100% sure this is MVPA and not the "order agreement". It is complete with the vehicle VIN... Anyone see this before? My old MVPA had the standard 50 miles.
MVPA-no-odo.png

My account just updated with a $662 discount. Should I just for more?

Not enough. I was offered $2000 for 833 miles. I feel like I should have pushed for more (it had the performance upgrade package that I didn’t order/want to pay for). Given their quarter push, I’d push back and get more. I don’t see why they shouldn’t offer more than they gave me given you have significantly more mileage on the car.

Reactions: C141medic and Sg911