Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MX and MS prices slashed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Definitely the middle to finger to Guinea pigs like me who waited, paid $23k more without FSD, and dealing with the tire issues Tesla and Michelin are completely aware of. I would love to trade out of my plaid and get a new one but now I am screwed on my trade in value as well.

Reactions: aerodyne
I ordered my X a year ago, so my price was $104K before adding options - so I won’t be seeing any reduction in my total price. My trade in 3 will now be reduced further. I do feel for those who paid the higher prices and took delivery in 2022. Unfortunately that’s something that happens across all car lines. You can buy a Ford one day, and a day/month later the dealer is offering “employee discounts” to everyone. One thing I always liked about Tesla was that their price was not negotiable; you knew you were paying the same as the guy/gal next door. It’ll be interesting to see what their share prices will do. I’ll bet they go down in the short-term and then go up as investors realize that volume will increase and more than make up for the drop in per unit profit.

Tesla car owners are in many cases Tesla retail investors, we are getting screwed both ways.
Not really. Even if you paid the higher price and, say, it cost you $20K over what you’d pay today. Now let’s say you have 1,000 shares. When the share price goes up a mere $20, you’ll have made up the difference. If you’ve got 500 shares, then the share price would only have to go up $40 for you to “break even.” As low as Tesla’s shares now are, I believe that there’s a lot of upward potential this year given their factory expansions and increasing volumes.

Yeah now I would loose a boatload of money if I traded out of my car or closed my position.
Don't do either!
I’m not terribly upset about paying a higher price but add this to the list why my next car won’t be a tesla.
Why not? If their prices stay down or even get lower, Tesla might be a better value than the competition - and so far at least, Tesla has the best charging infrastructure. I just hope their build quality and customer service improves.

This will certainly affect car values as well, so not just recent buyers are hurting. Used MS Plaids just took a dump.

I just noticed on my Tesla account a $10k reduction in the price of the MS that will be delivered this upcoming Monday! Boy, I really complained about the delays in the delivery date and now it turns out that I just got lucky!
Go buy a lottery ticket.