Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on another price reduction in the US for the MS P to meet 4th qtr #s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With the current negative news that Tesla is not making the #s for whatever reasons (probably because of retooling) does anyone think they'll drop the MS or MX price in the US to achieve the #s for the 4th quarter?

I think because the new year 2024 models will be introduced within about a month, there will be no further reductions this quarter, except to maybe unload any remaining 2023 models.
I agree, the stock levels are low, as of today total of 451 of MS are in the whole US. It does not look like they are making too many of them either at the moment so I think they might be draining the inventory.

I'm going to disagree with my friends here, and say I think an incentive will emerge late in the quarter, either first week of December or third week. Since Q3 ended MS inventory across NA has reverted to about 450, and my daily look at my local delivery centers the count is steadily climbing even on Plaids. Reasons vary, my view is the macro-economic picture in US and now the Middle East have some buyers pressing pause.

1696952161597.png

Reactions: canasion35
I'm going to disagree with my friends here, and say I think an incentive will emerge late in the quarter, either first week of December or third week. Since Q3 ended MS inventory across NA has reverted to about 450, and my daily look at my local delivery centers the count is steadily climbing even on Plaids. Reasons vary, my view is the macro-economic picture in US and now the Middle East have some buyers pressing pause.

View attachment 981116
I'm curious, what's the source of the inventory levels? Your explanation is definitely plausible.

Makes me think whether I should hold off on taking my delivery this month, lose the $250 deposit for $? Then again my trade-in will depreciate more since I'm trading my 2019 M3Pstealth so it may balance out anyway. Se la vie.

Makes me think whether I should hold off on taking my delivery this month, lose the $250 deposit for $? Then again my trade-in will depreciate more since I'm trading my 2019 M3Pstealth so it may balance out anyway. Se la vie.
They will screw you on trade-in anyway. That's Tesla's favorite game, give one trade-in value then just before you have your car in your hands, they scam couple of thousands off of you since they know you are the most vulnerable there knowing new car is right there for taking if you just give more away on trade-in. They do it all the time and I think its intentional and strategic.

Reactions: aerodyne
Hard to say and I could only answer "if I were in your shoes" but I wouldn't mess around with it for 1,000 bucks. If you're only buying, not trading, then it might be worth a wait if you're not in a rush. However, if you're trading to Tesla, then yes I think the evidence shows your trade is likely to decline more than likely benefit. In most (not all) cases, Tesla has repeatedly proven they don't really want trades. Though I can't show you data, it seems like every pricing reduction has come with a commensurate broad reduction in trade valuations.

It's been over a month since the big price drop on MSP and I think those who were on the fence have probably already bit and ordered the MSP. The market for this car is quite small anyway and not surprised if inventory are not dropping nearly as much as now. So I predict there may be another price drop before end of December if the demand levels/slows now.

As much of a bargain as we feel that a 90k MSP is...we do have to realzie that the buyers for a 90k sedan is quite small and there may be another price drop yet!!

Reactions: walex19 and MSP2023
It's been over a month since the big price drop on MSP and I think those who were on the fence have probably already bit and ordered the MSP. The market for this car is quite small anyway and not surprised if inventory are not dropping nearly as much as now. So I predict there may be another price drop before end of December if the demand levels/slows now.

As much of a bargain as we feel that a 90k MSP is...we do have to realzie that the buyers for a 90k sedan is quite small and there may be another price drop yet!!
🤞 bring back $69,420

If Q4 results are going to be as bad as Q3, you can bet on another price drop. Looking at the latest FUSC offer, it almost seems like a certainty.
Respectfully, that doesn’t make sense in light of the X plaid increase. Possibly they’d drop the LR price but I can’t see them doing this for the plaid. And don’t get me wrong - as I wait to order, I’d love nothing more than another price drop!

If Q4 results are going to be as bad as Q3, you can bet on another price drop. Looking at the latest FUSC offer, it almost seems like a certainty.
I don't see them dropping the price further without removing the FUSC offer, which is why I placed an order on Friday. My 2015 85D has 240K miles and has been extremely reliable with only an 11% degradation in battery, despite Supercharging approx 45% of the time. I had zero interest in purchasing a new Model S as I would have purchased a new battery when necessary to retain my FUSC. With the new car at only $75K and having FUSC, it's really a no brainer.

Reactions: aerodyne