TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

MX Summon wont park in my garage..hope they can fix

Discussion in 'Model X' started by vv132, Jul 23, 2016.

1. vv132

vv132 Member

So summon is in beta we know that but hope they can improve it so we can never use summon to park in our garage with our MX. We can summon out however...which is nice. We find this happening because there is a lip where the garage concrete hits the asphalt driveway. There is actually two lips. So when you slowly pull up to the garage the car detects and gives two quick stop warnings before actually starting to be in the garage itself.

It would be nice if Tesla can add the feature to ignore or understand a certain amount of "lips" or "stop warnings" and provide extra torque to allow the MX to park in the garage properly every time.

What do you guys think, or do to make this work. Here is the pic of the garage lip
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Chickenlittle

Chickenlittle Active Member

Most likely the lip is there because the driveway wasn't completed. Usually leave an inch to later come back and top off driveway with smoother finer layer of asphalt to cover settling. The solution is to finish the driveway

3. aja2460

aja2460 Old Member

Try painting the the concrete curbing a color to match the driveway or the garage...

4. idoco

idoco Member

5. vv132

vv132 Member

ahh so the sensor picks up the different color? Thinking I might need two of those above because I have two lips?

6. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

I think it does not want to go into the garage because it wants you to epoxy coat it in a pretty color!

• Funny x 1
  7. Jeff4155

Jeff4155 Member

My Guise is that its a water channel, Try installing some sort of grid in the channel to level it out.
    I do agree with you that the sensors are to sensitive and should disregard something as small as as that lip.

8. systemcrashed

systemcrashed Please Reboot

This is happening because the X is detecting increased resistance due to the lip. it will not use high torque to overcome it as a safety precaution. Adding a filler to the lip will help it get over it.

9. vv132

vv132 Member

haha yea that epoxy paint /whole garage needs to get repainted asap. Thinking of adding a more ramp effect to the front lip with more concrete . Thanks for the feedback