Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MXLR+ no FSD SoCal receiving 20.12.11.1

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can tell you it did not add the ability to read speed limit signs. Odd though. My other cars with speed limit detection work on this one road, but the MX does not. A 45 mph zone changes to 35, then to 25. The 25 mph sign is very, very visible, there is even a speed bump there. So if FSD was operating, it would hit the speed bump at 45mph or higher. The road is perhaps 22 years old.

I can tell you it did not add the ability to read speed limit signs. Odd though. My other cars with speed limit detection work on this one road, but the MX does not. A 45 mph zone changes to 35, then to 25. The 25 mph sign is very, very visible, there is even a speed bump there. So if FSD was operating, it would hit the speed bump at 45mph or higher. The road is perhaps 22 years old.

Speed limit sign reading is a known patent held by mobileye, so either Tesla will be playing a dangerous game when releasing FSD fully or they are just waiting until the last minute to license that functionality.