Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My 2021 M3 LR Doesn't Have CCS Adapter Support?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed today in my "additional vehicle information" screen that it says my 2021 M3 LR (Delivered late September) shows "not installed" for the CCS Adapter Support. From what I have read, this should be available in all vehicles after 2019 or so? This also says that my modem capabilities only goes up to 4G when I definitely have LTE... so... :)
Anyone else experience this? Is it something I should open a service ticket for?
5730802B-34C1-4033-8A0E-0DA3B1F305DF.JPEG

The installation seems to have been sporadic based on component availability. There is a thread around here somewhere in which people compiled a chart showing which delivery dates tended to have support and which didn't. Mine was around the same time as yours and also doesn't have support.

I believe I read in the same thread that someone contacted support and tried to get it installed by they said since the CCS adapter isn't available yet that they aren't doing this. I assume they will once the adapter is actually available.

• Informative
Reactions: GtiMart
The installation seems to have been sporadic based on component availability. There is a thread around here somewhere in which people compiled a chart showing which delivery dates tended to have support and which didn't. Mine was around the same time as yours and also doesn't have support.

I believe I read in the same thread that someone contacted support and tried to get it installed by they said since the CCS adapter isn't available yet that they aren't doing this. I assume they will once the adapter is actually available.
Makes sense! I didn't see that thread in my initial search, I will take a look again. Thanks so much for your response.

Odd, probably needs a chip that is presently not available or not available at the time they produced yours since yours does not have it. My July 2020 Model Y build has it installed. Are you receiving updates and installing them? It became active only with 2021.40.6 however not sure if this makes a difference regarding the ccs enabled option on screen.

I noticed today in my "additional vehicle information" screen that it says my 2021 M3 LR (Delivered late September) shows "not installed" for the CCS Adapter Support. From what I have read, this should be available in all vehicles after 2019 or so? This also says that my modem capabilities only goes up to 4G when I definitely have LTE... so... :)
Anyone else experience this? Is it something I should open a service ticket for?View attachment 767622
My car's Additional vehicle information doesn't mention CCS adapter support or Modem capabilities, but everything else is the same (excluding unique IDs.) I have an 11/2021 Fremont-built 2022 M3P.

Anyone else experience this? Is it something I should open a service ticket for?
LTE is 4G.

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Some notes from another thread:

Note: There is a period Jun2021-Sep2021 when Tesla made cars without CCS chip PN 1537264-80-B GEN4
VIN range approx ~MF990xxx-MF050xxx, those will work if replace ECU to 00-B

My M3 LR build date is 8/21 and sure enough my VIN is 027XXX and says no CCS support on the vehicle info

Anyone else experience this? Is it something I should open a service ticket for?View attachment 767622
M3 CCS confirmed work from Jun2020 with Gen4 ECU 1537264-00-B

Supported VIN started approx. 720xxx

Note: There is a period Jun2021-Sep2021 when Tesla made cars without CCS chip PN 1537264-80-B GEN4
VIN range approx ~MF990xxx-MF050xxx, those will work if replace ECU to 00-B

MY confirmed work from March 2020 with Gen4 ECU 1537264-00-B

VIN range approx ~220xxx-280xxx, those will work if replace ECU to 00-B

So just replace ECU4 Gen to 1537264-00-B as EPC says.

Reactions: Theadonnan
I have a June 2020 M3 SR+, VIN 739xxx, says “CCS adapter support:not installed”. Just another data point.

I would by the CCS adapter once it becomes available for NA (and if I can get an ECU upgrade), because there’s lots of CCS cheap/free in places that I go in rural Iowa.