Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY 2024 Refresh - Project Juniper?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No. People need to stop thinking LFP is the answer to everything. LFP is terrible for energy density. Its only benefits are low cost and no cobalt.
The main benefit of LFP is a long cycle life, twice as long as NMC if not more.

Attachments

• LFP-NMC-lithium-battery-degradation-test-e1617240786736.jpg
    LFP-NMC-lithium-battery-degradation-test-e1617240786736.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: HitchHiker71
So, I'm circling back to the first couple of comments in this discussion, will Juniper launch in the U.S. sometime this year in spite of being told it won't. I'm just an observer hoping to make the Juniper my first EV purchase, but I find it strange Tesla will only sell from available stock now, no custom orders taken for the past couple of weeks. Might that mean they are clearing inventory to make room for Juniper or am I reading too much into that?

It's not like the Highland stuff, that was well leaked and very obvious what they were working on. The MY is their best selling vehicle by a fair margin, they are going to spend a while refining everything before they consider messing with their volume leader.

So, I'm circling back to the first couple of comments in this discussion, will Juniper launch in the U.S. sometime this year in spite of being told it won't. I'm just an observer hoping to make the Juniper my first EV purchase, but I find it strange Tesla will only sell from available stock now, no custom orders taken for the past couple of weeks. Might that mean they are clearing inventory to make room for Juniper or am I reading too much into that?
If you can wait until 2025 or beyond for a new vehicle to get Juniper just do that. It's going to be awhile before it comes out if the statement from Tesla is to be believed.

If you can wait until 2025 or beyond for a new vehicle to get Juniper just do that. It's going to be awhile before it comes out if the statement from Tesla is to be believed.
I would normally be in the wait and get the newest version camp. However, FSD is the most important thing for me and Juniper may be behind for. a while like CT:

Any rumours on additional range for juniper yet?
There are always endless rumors...why bother? Tesla has very deliberately optimized the range for their cars balancing range exceptions vs price for the largest part of the market. The group of people who want to pay more for range is small by their calculations - and they'd know better than amateurs with anecdotes here.

Highland’s additional range for the LR trim is pretty negligible (333 vs 341) and 0 for RWD so I don’t think I’d have much higher hopes for Juniper, right?
Two points to make:
1) 2023 Model 3 range is computed with old EPA rules (not stringent). But 2024 Model Y Highland range is computed with new stringent EPA rules. Real-world driving tests from Youtubers are showing 10 percent higher range, more than the 8 miles improved in the EPA numbers.

2) Model 3 Highland has the same battery and powertrain as 2023 Model 3. But Model Y Juniper may have a different battery or powertrain, due to the extra year of development time compared to Highland 3. Maybe Juniper Y will have CATL M3P batteries that enable 400 mile EPA range.