Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My brand new Y took a dump

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1600 miles. What the heck is this?
IMG_2815.jpeg
IMG_2816.jpeg

Call them either way. I'm sure they'll say "bring it in". However, before you do, try to take as many under body pictures as you can. They could say this is impact related (which wouldn't be warranty) and you might need something to confirm or deny.
Great tip on taking underbody pics, thanks. This is def a battery coolant leak, appears to be dripping from a seam across the centerline of the main battery.

If the car has lost that much coolant, you should see an error message on the screen regarding low coolant. Also, I would recommend calling roadside service (through the app) and get it towed-in. Should not risk overheating the battery.

Reactions: G8rPete
I wouldn't add anything myself. Just have it towed or whatever they suggest.

What do you mean by centerline? Front? Back?
Maybe this centerline going to the rear of the car?
Agree with E90alex, add nothing... and call for Roadside Service. Tesla needs to see it as is.

Attachments

• myp centerline.jpg
    myp centerline.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 70
Update on my model Y: Turns out this was a washer fluid tank failure. The coolant system is intact (thank goodness). Thanks to all for your responses and suggestions!

I took delivery of this car on 9/18/23. It has been in the SC twice already (12V system failure and this). I’m pretty frustrated at the apparent lack of quality control at assembly.

Update on my model Y: Turns out this was a washer fluid tank failure. The coolant system is intact (thank goodness). Thanks to all for your responses and suggestions!

I took delivery of this car on 9/18/23. It has been in the SC twice already (12V system failure and this). I’m pretty frustrated at the apparent lack of quality control at assembly.
Sorry to hear about these problems. It sounds like the most serious issue was the 12 volt system, and I think it's certainly possible that the washer fluid tank was damaged during that repair. It might not actually be from a second factory assembly-quality problem.

So can mobile service fix it?