Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY delivered Jan. 19 with V10.2 software?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Folks - I'm new here, just took delivery of a 2022 MY in Southern California. I'd been following Tesla news and chatter and had heard about the frustrations with the v11 software update, but looking at my car it delivered with v10.2 (2021.39.104). And it says the software is up to date. Is that normal to be delayed in getting current software? Was there a hold put on adding it to new cars given the bad reactions? Love the car though... perfect fit and finish and A+ all around. Super fun.

Attachments

• IMG_5012.JPG
    IMG_5012.JPG
    349.6 KB · Views: 269
Reactions: FelixORiley
yes, can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks (and has zero to do with V11)

more (much more) threads on this in the software subforum:

Well I see a LOT of complaining about v11 at that link, but thx for the info that when it says my software is up to date it's... not? Will wait and see what happens!

Any of the threads that say they are waiting on software updates will be talking about the same thing. Think of "up to date" as "up to date for what tesla has currently staged for your car".

All teslas will never (ever ever) be all on the same firmware version, and your car will sometimes even skip versions for reasons only known to tesla. Here is 1 specific thread (of many others), where the poster of the first post lays out sort of what we know.

Jan 18th delivery here on the same software version as OP. No update yet. Typically how long does it take for new deliveries to get on the update train and is there a way to delay an update (or at least schedule it to upgrade during a weekend)?

v11 software is overreacted -you'll find tips & tricks or walk through videos on Youtube of v11-it's really amazing.
Difference of opinion here. Tesla made a big deal about the ideal 250 kWh which was easily monitored in version 10. Version 11 lets you monitor energy expended at the expense of your navigation. When going on a trip I could easily check tire pressure at a glance again without losing the navigation screen. And where is the trip odometer. All gone. There’s more issues but when you get version 11 you will experience it yourself. But you will gain some games and a nice light show. Having the car for about 18 months I got lulled into experiencing updates that improved the driving experience. I never expected games and a light show to take precedence.

Jan 18th delivery here on the same software version as OP. No update yet. Typically how long does it take for new deliveries to get on the update train and is there a way to delay an update (or at least schedule it to upgrade during a weekend)?

I answered this in post 2

can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks (and has zero to do with V11)

Reactions: leaftoy
Hey Folks - I'm new here, just took delivery of a 2022 MY in Southern California. I'd been following Tesla news and chatter and had heard about the frustrations with the v11 software update, but looking at my car it delivered with v10.2 (2021.39.104). And it says the software is up to date. Is that normal to be delayed in getting current software? Was there a hold put on adding it to new cars given the bad reactions? Love the car though... perfect fit and finish and A+ all around. Super fun.
I’ve had my new MY now for 1 week, and it too arrived with version 10. It took 2 days for it to update to the current version and I don’t really mind it now. Sure, some things have moved around and I still prefer the monochrome look of the previous version. Overall though, it's ok and is what it is. I suspect connecting to my home Wi-Fi may have sped up the update process, but that’s just a hunch. Regardless, enjoy your new ride!

Yeah something is up - still hasn't updated to any of the V11 firmware. I keep hearing this is normal, but seems odd to me that it hasn't even caught up to the current version. (And yes it's connected to home wifi and updates are set to 'Advanced', etc.)

For anyone interested this thread has the most complete info I've seen. Anyway, love the car...

I’ve had my new MY now for 1 week, and it too arrived with version 10. It took 2 days for it to update to the current version and I don’t really mind it now. Sure, some things have moved around and I still prefer the monochrome look of the previous version. Overall though, it's ok and is what it is. I suspect connecting to my home Wi-Fi may have sped up the update process, but that’s just a hunch. Regardless, enjoy your new ride!
Do you have AMD or Intel? I am wondering if people with AMD are the ones still on V10. If this is the case it is possible AMD support was developed on a branch off V10 and the changes haven't been merged into V11 yet.

Do you have AMD or Intel? I am wondering if people with AMD are the ones still on V10. If this is the case it is possible AMD support was developed on a branch off V10 and the changes haven't been merged into V11 yet.
That’s interesting because I got intel with v11 which is fine as I don’t use the apps at all or the navigation much. My friends is quicker loading the apps that was the only I noticed.

Reactions: leaftoy
I tested a brand new MYLR last week and it was on old soft, but the new one was already ready for update though the SC people were kinda lazy to install it before letting test drives.
Personally, I don't really care as I drive a FSD Beta whatever version now. Once I waited for an update for over 2 months. Sometimes updates come several times on the same week. You never know. And you can't do much about it.