Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY efficiency at 5700 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We lose a lot of efficiency living on a hill but otherwise seem to be hitting the EPA range and more. Anyone else have similar experience?

Attachments

• 44B2210C-4835-4E82-8329-9918F3A08AB5.jpeg
    44B2210C-4835-4E82-8329-9918F3A08AB5.jpeg
    488.4 KB · Views: 171
Driving speed and weight carried in the car are the 2 big parameters which affect KWH/m both of which are under the user's control. Other external parameters like elevation, head wind, ambient temp outside, etc etc are not under the user's control so I am not considering them in this case.

Reactions: navguy12
We lose a lot of efficiency living on a hill but otherwise seem to be hitting the EPA range and more. Anyone else have similar experience?
Shouldn't make much of a difference living on a hill. Because what goes up must comes down.
I've got a 5,000ft hill near me, It takes about 30 minutes to climb and the card would show 999 Wh/mi.

But on the wat down it shows -999 Wh/mi. And from ground level on one side to the other side is pretty much the same as if I had driven a straight line.

Look at the Energy Graph and see what it is telling you the reason for the low performance is. What is the average speed that you drive?

Shouldn't make much of a difference living on a hill. Because what goes up must comes down.
I've got a 5,000ft hill near me, It takes about 30 minutes to climb and the card would show 999 Wh/mi.

But on the wat down it shows -999 Wh/mi. And from ground level on one side to the other side is pretty much the same as if I had driven a straight line.

Look at the Energy Graph and see what it is telling you the reason for the low performance is. What is the average speed that you drive?
Mostly dropping kids off at school and short distance local driving. We took a few trips to ski which probably accounts for about 600-700 miles of total driven, with significant range loss. Usually we lose about 6-7% from elevation and more on “other”, and gain mostly from driving on energy screen