Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Juicebox 40A doesn't work with my Model X, please help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had a 240v outlet and a Juicebox 40A previously installed for my fiat500e. I just brought my model X home yesterday but when I tried to charge it with the Juicebox, the X is giving me the "Please check charger power" message. I could use the Tesla mobile connector on the same 240v outlet to charge the X but not with the Juicebox. I tried playing with the charging settings as well. Lowering amp didn't help. The Juicebox still works fine with my fiat. Would love to get the juicebox working for both cars since I only have one 240v outlet installed.

Has anyone had any issues with Juicebox before? Any help is appreciated.

I used to have a Juicebox, an early, early one. It worked fine with my Model S. However the firmware would often crap out after about five days or so. To reset it, I had to flip the breaker (in your case, unplug it and replug it).

Given that the Model S has had no reported compatibility problems with J1772 chargers, I suspect your Juicebox. Either your firmware needs updating, or something is wrong with your Tesla J1772 adapter. Have you tried charging on a different J1772 charger using your Tesla adapter? That would eliminate one possibility.

• Helpful
Reactions: FarmerDave