Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My May 2018 LR M3 has no TACC nor Autosteer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My autopilot is plan old cruise control. I have no TACC nor auto steer on my May 2018 LR M3 despite this graphic stating it is standard on all Tesla vehicles. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• IMG_0075.PNG
    IMG_0075.PNG
    425.2 KB · Views: 266
My autopilot is plan old cruise control. I have no TACC nor auto steer on my May 2018 LR M3 despite this graphic stating it is standard on all Tesla vehicles. Am I missing something?

Yes, what you area missing is that "Autopilot" did not become standard until Approximately April of 2019, and did not come "standard" with ANY 2018 model 3. Not sure where that graphic is from, etc, but its obviously not covering anything before April of 2019.

(Edit: I see the graphic is from "Teslahype" whomever that is. It certainly isnt "tesla" though.)

You also started posting about your car here in May of 2018, so you knew this already (that your car didnt come with autopilot).

Last edited:
Thanks, that makes sense. What confused me is that we also purchased a different hybrid vehicle around that time that included TACC and auto steer and didn't have to give that any thought at the time. I guess I should have purchased the "autopilot" option when I bought the model 3.

Thanks, that makes sense. What confused me is that we also purchased a different hybrid vehicle around that time that included TACC and auto steer and didn't have to give that any thought at the time. I guess I should have purchased the "autopilot" option when I bought the model 3.

You couldnt have purchased "autopilot" at the time you bought your car. You would have had to have purchased ENHANCED autopilot, as back then, that was the available option. You either had nothing, enhanced autopilot and if you purchased enhanced autopilot, and wanted to get a computer upgrade or otherwise bet on FSD, you could purchase FSD AFTER you added enhanced autopilot.