Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model 3 Got Wrecked Today :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Never quite understood this. Aside from covering the deductible, what would uninsured/underinsured coverage do in this case?
It covers the entire claim for the uninsured (or the part their insurance doesn't cover), so your regular policy doesn't kick in. This means that the underwriters won't see your regular policy as used, therefore raising your rates into the future.

Good to know you and your family escaped serious injury. This will NEVER be a "news story" as it would not be what the mainstream media wants. They want negative stories and your accident is a testament to the safety of Tesla vehicles so most of the world won't hear about this. Thank goodness you and your family are OK and thank goodness you were in a TESLA!!!

Was cruising along the i-90 tunnel in Seattle, WA on mercer island with my wife and 2 kids, when I hear some vehicles approach at high speed from behind. Then suddenly I hear a screeching sound from a car breaking hard, and then a car slams into my rear end - hard. I was going 65, so that vehicle must have been going significantly faster. From there I lose control of the car, and the car spins out of control, hitting the freeway divider wall all the way on the other side of the freeway 4 lanes across, and then bouncing back all the way back to the other side of the freeway and hitting that wall before coming to a stop.

Thankfully the model 3 performed miraculously, crumple zones compressed, airbags deployed, no fire after the accident, and no one in my family seems to be seriously injured.

Still processing what just happened and getting all the facts from the police (there may be a criminal case against the person who hit me), but any tips and things to watch out for as I go through the insurance process?

Wow! Glad to hear that you and your family got out unharmed. And I agree with the posts suggesting that they should throw the book at the idiots who nearly killed you and your family. Maybe the positive note is that it's more evidence that the passenger cage in the M3 is the best in the industry.

Photo of the ruined vehicle appears to be a Model X not an M3. Are we talking about two accidents?
First, We should not be talking about any “accidents”. This was a collision with an obvious cause.

Next, the pictured vehicle is clearly a model 3. In this instance may be the single obvious way to tell is that the rear doors are traditional doors.

Was cruising along the i-90 tunnel in Seattle, WA on mercer island with my wife and 2 kids, when I hear some vehicles approach at high speed from behind. Then suddenly I hear a screeching sound from a car breaking hard, and then a car slams into my rear end - hard. I was going 65, so that vehicle must have been going significantly faster. From there I lose control of the car, and the car spins out of control, hitting the freeway divider wall all the way on the other side of the freeway 4 lanes across, and then bouncing back all the way back to the other side of the freeway and hitting that wall before coming to a stop.

Thankfully the model 3 performed miraculously, crumple zones compressed, airbags deployed, no fire after the accident, and no one in my family seems to be seriously injured.

Still processing what just happened and getting all the facts from the police (there may be a criminal case against the person who hit me), but any tips and things to watch out for as I go through the insurance process?

Hopefully the 3 did its job and protected its occupants well. I almost t-boned a inattentive women driver who u-turned in front of me without looking. The brakes on my P3D saved me that time...went to full lock instantly...!!!

Definitely late to this party, just saw the post, so glad OP was okay and hope he/they followed advice about seeing doctors and attorneys. Hard to win in these situations but the "big win" is walking away from what was a tremendous accident. The picture of this Model 3 should be used in an advertising campaign for Tesla. "You want the safest car on the road?".