Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My model P3D+ delivery was perfect

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There are so many horror stories, I wanted to post something positive. Our VIN is 63,057. Our delivery on 9/12 was perfect. We went through a 3-page checklist (including the one item, "check to make sure the owner's manual is in the glove compartment!" lol - its online in computer system now, there is no longer a paper owner's manual supplied), and we found ZERO defects. The only problem we found was a TINY bit of overspray on a single piece of chrome, indicating that our blue paint job probably had been re-worked after production was finished. It was easily rubbed off.

The car drives awesome, it was worth waiting since June 16, 2016 for this car. It was worth every minute of the wait.

#1 in price/performance
#1 in safety
#2 in fuel economy
#1 in sunroof
#1 in range
#1 in tech including self-driving and phone integration

How many times in my lifetime has a car with so many #1s been offered? ZERO.

41626261_10217908023556836_7631435734213197824_n.jpg

There are so many horror stories, I wanted to post something positive. Our VIN is 63,057. Our delivery on 9/12 was perfect. We went through a 3-page checklist (including the one item, "check to make sure the owner's manual is in the glove compartment!" lol - its online in computer system now, there is no longer a paper owner's manual supplied), and we found ZERO defects. The only problem we found was a TINY bit of overspray on a single piece of chrome, indicating that our blue paint job probably had been re-worked after production was finished. It was easily rubbed off.

The car drives awesome, it was worth waiting since June 16, 2016 for this car. It was worth every minute of the wait.

#1 in price/performance
#1 in safety
#2 in fuel economy
#1 in sunroof
#1 in range
#1 in tech including self-driving and phone integration

How many times in my lifetime has a car with so many #1s been offered? ZERO.

41626261_10217908023556836_7631435734213197824_n.jpg

Looks great. congrats.

Reactions: systemBuilder
I take delivery tomorrow. I went to the storage lot and found my VIN. Car was covered in bird *sugar*. There are a few paint blemishes and a couple light bumper scratches that should buff out when they detail it. However it looks like someone damaged the bottom of the front lip when driving off the truck. Two short scratches/gouges that definitely wont buff clean. You can't see them when standing in front of the car as they are underneath - I wasn't planning on making a big deal out of it - people agree?

Congrats, and thanks for posting so it doesn't feel all gloomy.

I was hoping my Blue P3D+ would been perfect, but no such luck. There was a few paint issues (that I accepted as not being deal killers or worth hassling over), and the front bumper alignment on the sides to the rest of the car was off. It was mostly certainly a car that should have failed QC, but Tesla let through. I'm having Tesla repair it as I didn't want to do the VIN lottery thing. Maybe that was the wrong choice. Who knows. It is what it is now. Hopefully it will come back perfect, and then my car will be close to perfect. Not that it would stay perfect for long though given life's oops moments.

My 2015 Model S 70D was perfect when new and then suffered from a couple of my stupid moments, but only minor things.

Awesome to see more blue P3D's. Interesting you didn't go with the Blue/White contrasting look, most blue P3D's I've seen had white interior. But still, awesome car, congrats.

I was about to mention that the car wasn't perfect as they put in the wrong interior color. :p

I went with Blue with the white interior because of how good it looks. But, it's taking a bit to get used to as it's my first white interior after a lifetime of black interiors. I feel like I need to put gloves on before getting in the car. The interior of the car is also really bright. It wasn't even that sunny, and I was looking for my shades.

I do want to change out the trim piece with something black because I think that would look killer. I didn't like the trim color of either the black interior or the white interior. I'm hoping someone will come out with some aftermarket piece for it.

I keep wondering if I made mistake by not going white interior. It might've resulted in a faster delivery I feel. It looks really good too but I don't think its worth $1500 good though. I'll be happy with my wood trim and black interior.

If I went to a P3D+ though, I think white+red calipers+silver wheels looks like a better contrast than the aero rims, so that has a better mix.

i love that blue.

I take delivery tomorrow. I went to the storage lot and found my VIN. Car was covered in bird *sugar*. There are a few paint blemishes and a couple light bumper scratches that should buff out when they detail it. However it looks like someone damaged the bottom of the front lip when driving off the truck. Two short scratches/gouges that definitely wont buff clean. You can't see them when standing in front of the car as they are underneath - I wasn't planning on making a big deal out of it - people agree?

Agree. It'll get scratched eventually. Either you'll do it and feel bad you ruined your perfect car, or you'll do it and be less upset as it was already nicked.

Agree. It'll get scratched eventually. Either you'll do it and feel bad you ruined your perfect car, or you'll do it and be less upset as it was already nicked.

I don't subscribe to the idea that I should take delivery of a scratched or scuffed car because that will happen eventually. When I turned in my last lease at the end of three years the guy doing the inspection was marveling at how good the car looked and that it didn't even have any rim rash.

Same thing probably happens when I turn in current lease.

If you're careful you can minimize or pretty much eliminate those types of things from happening unless you are forced to park your car in places where it is unavoidable.

When I said the car had good phone integration I was referring to the ability to control the car (lock, unlock, heat) with a phone app I don't know of other cars that do that, and autopilot leads the industry although I didn't buy it - the self-driving industry is still terribly immature and I saw an autopilot death scene live .. I have a car with car play and Android auto which are basically idiotic ways to turn your car stereo into a phone speaker ...

The #1 MPGe car is Hyundai Ioniq (136 vs model 3 @130) but Hyundai is a convicted liar about fuel economy ...

• Informative
Reactions: neroden