Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Model S: I've had it!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ohmman

Upright Member
Global Moderator
Feb 13, 2014
North Bay/Truckee, CA
It's been well over 3 years since I took delivery of my Model S and I can honestly say I've had it.

What, specifically, have I had it do?

I've had it change my feeling about cars in a way I haven't felt since I was 16.
I've had it move me around town with energy offset by my rooftop solar.
I've had it introduce me to more like-minded people than I've found in any hobby.
I've had it take me from 0-60 faster than any car I've owned.
I've had it drive me as far north as Seattle and as far south as San Diego - on electricity.
I've had it supplant a good number of family airplane trips with road trips.

And don't get me started on my Model X..

It's been well over 3 years since I took delivery of my Model S and I can honestly say I've had it.

What, specifically, have I had it do?

I've had it change my feeling about cars in a way I haven't felt since I was 16.
I've had it introduce me to more like-minded people than I've found in any hobby.
I've had it drive me as far north as Seattle and as far south as San Diego - on electricity.

As I remember, you've also had it get shredded by using the wrong snow chains :p

I'm hyper-aware of that fact, since I found your comments on it shortly after doing the same thing.

• Funny
Reactions: MarkKW and ohmman
Gowtham - with this level of hatred, why even hang out in this forum?

Untitled.png

I've "had it" with waiting for your followup post "complaining" about your second Tesla! :rolleyes:

Elon recently tweeted a comment about complaining:

Quote: "Except for complaining. That has remained constant throughout history at 100/100."

So you should follow his advice and contribute. ;)

Reactions: MarkKW and Rossy

Same for me. "Car market literally down to 2 cars today"

Not applicable for me, but it has offered me several free charging and parking opportunities I've otherwise not had.

Me too, like @oktane, @Bladerskb, @ohmman and @Eds. Priceless.

Same for me.

The longest round-trip I've dared to take is around 200 miles total. Not all Supercharging regions are created equal.

Overall, I still agree with most of the sentiments of my 2014 post ("Car market literally down to 2 cars today"), which I believe echoes many of the sentiments - overall - that @ohmman has too.

What has happened - for me - is that is has been offset by a ton of experience with Tesla (much of it negative) and certain level of hubris cooling down and practicality going up regarding the current state of BEV vs. benefits of ICE cars.

But I can certainly see why and how many people are enamored by their Teslas and definitely agree with @ohmman's sentiments wholeheartedly.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: hacer and davidc18
I can say it changed this old man's life. Fot the last 20 years I bought used Nissan lease turn ins which were all good buys. I also had a rule that if an out-of-town appointment was over 300 miles I flew. My MS P85 is now over 4 years old and has nearly 100K miles. I have made and enjoyed so many road trips I can't remember them all. A 1K trip to D.C. in 22 inches of snow with no superchargers until Richmond stands out. Later a 3K round trip to Boston and Cape Cod etc and 3K to Key West were with SC and were great. Many trips to FL were adventures and I have seen so many things. Road trips are back in my life as well as the feeling that I had when i was 17. I still get 3-5 waves or thumbs up every time I am on the road and almost every time one person who asks what it is. This was the best $$ I ever spent on myself and my wife pushed me into it.