Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My MX delivery experience - QA issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I felt very rushed at my delivery. Mine was an inventory vehicle and I came in with MX check list in hand. I had no bow on my car, no tah-dah here it is clap-clap-clap thing, but I didn't want any of that anyway. When I pulled out my checklist, I got rolled eyes from DS who moved 3 steps to the side and said "go right ahead". I caught a few things: bits of glue on the roof and center dash, 2 small areas of misaligned trim, scratched glossy driver back seat cover, uneven gaps of the side of the center console, some loose rivets holding wheel well protection. The DS said "yeah, yeah, yeah, we will make you an appointment with service and they will address all this". Didn't even write any of it down. Appointment was a month away and I was immediately told that I won't be getting a Tesla loaner. At home, I actually looked underneath the car (did not even think about doing that at delivery): the tow hitch cover was missing and several screws holding the plastic protection were missing.

These are I feel small issues. My car otherwise has great ventilated seats without much wrinkling, no wind noise, minimal ghosting, auto-presenting doors work well, I got automatic spoiler (VIN 25xx) and a $20K discount. I dropped it off last Monday at SC with typed up list of 14 bullet points (yeah, I am a crazy person with a list!). Hope to pick it up soon. Already can not imagine going back to ICE car!

Last edited: