TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

My new P85D

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by adamred, Jun 5, 2015.

1. adamred

adamred Member

Delivered today in Springfield, NJ! Have already received about 5 or 6 "nice car" comments and one guy from a balcony in Westfield who wanted the details...Some pics

- - - Updated - - -

Back seats, next Gen.

Attached Files:

2. Ben

Ben Member

congrats!! looks beautiful!

3. kuttakamina

kuttakamina Member

Looks beautiful. This is the color combination I originally wanted, but the maint. of black scared me away. Still looks gorgeous.

4. rickgt

rickgt Enthusiast owner/member

very nice... enjoy your new car

5. professionalr

professionalr Member

what black? its a dark blue color.

6. ArtInCT

ArtInCT Always Learning

Very Nice.
    Just had my 2 8 foot wide garage doors converted to one 17 foot wide door for the upcoming Tesla.
    How tuff is is threading the P85D into your garage?
    I see you have a hard left or right to make the approach, similar to my setup.

7. adamred

adamred Member

It is the original metallic blue. The DES wondered how I was able to still get that blue...I ordered it in February for a June delivery so I guess I'm one of the last metallic blues.

Currently the Tesla is slotted for the first bay on the far left. My wife has a MBZ GL which needs the whole driveway to make it into the bay on the right, so that was out. I have a Porsche 911 in the middle, which goes back at the end of the lease in about 6 weeks, so I might move the Tesla to the middle, but the issue there is that the bay is a bit shorter because of the steps into the house, and heavily trafficked so I run the risk of someone hitting it, dragging a school bag across it, groceries, etc.

My first attempt to put it away last night yielded a two step process to get it into the garage, but perhaps with some practice I'll get it in one turn. The Belgian block lining the driveway makes me nervous for curb rash on the rims however...

My first long day of driving ahead. This morning to Great Neck, Long Island, then back to West Orange, then home. Then out tonight to Bernardsville. Should be about 150 miles today...Wife asked if we were taking the Tesla, to which the obvious response was "absolutely!!'

8. StephenM

StephenM Active Member

Congratulations! Great color combo. Looks fantastic :smile:

9. rnguy001

rnguy001 Member

congrats - looks awesome!

I really wish I could say something more original but it really, really is just awesome.

10. adamred

adamred Member

Has rained a ton since I got it...had it in my favorite local detail shop for its first hand wash and buff out of the frunk cover.

Attached Files: