Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Order and Delivery Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MrG_NY

May 20, 2019
NY
Friday 9/27 order in stock vehicle after talking to rep at noon.

Friday 9/27 @2:30 p.m. speak with rep about stock being in NJ nd me in NY with rebate from state. Says to switch vehicle to a stock vehicle in NYC. OK lets do this

Friday 9/28 call me @ 6 p.m. talk about logistics. Tell them I have no issue going to meet packing. They offer bring to Mt Kisco since car had been moved to Brooklyn. Tell them that I'll come to Brooklyn to save them running around. Car has 50 miles on it am I OK with that since it had gotten signed to be a loaner. Sure, it's still new gets the same warranty etc.

Friday 9/28 @ 10 p.m. confirm time again and we are set. Ask if I'm sure they don't need to take it to Mt. Kisco. Tell them no need, I know they are trying to prep and get cars out.

Sat 9/29 check account @ 6 a.m see my pickup has been changed to Mt. Kisco, OK don't need to go to Brooklyn. Delivery manager emails me at 9.am. when is good to call. Email it's cool I am up. Calls me to tell me that they took the car to Mt Kisco to save me driving 2hrs + into the city since he knew where I lived. Great!

Arrive at 3 p.m. the place is crazy, people test driving, picking up and placing orders. Couldn't pull in the lot,, asked to park across the street. Ok, we go park and sign in. I ask the nice lady if I can inspect the car before signing, sure no problem. If we finish the 3 o'clock deliveries sooner or a no show you will be next. At 3:45 my car is pulled into the lot and parked along with another 5 or 6 cars. We inspect the car and it's perfect. Another associate comes over and goes over the Tesla App, has us set it up, go over the features of the car and says we are good to go and sign the paper's. We sign the papers, get the temp registration and brand new plates, another guy checks my trunk and finds the mats are in there and puts them in my car. They put the plates on my car. I met the guy who brought my car over and he tells me, hey we installed V10 in your car because you were so easy to work with.

This car is a blast to drive. Had a slight issue with super charging this morning and I think it was because my account wasn't initialized when I tried to charge. Went to another charger later on and it worked fine. I know where I tried first was working because two other people charged at the 2 stalls I tried.

My experience was great from ordering to delivery. It was quite painless. Say the whole delivery process with it being as busy as it was took about 30-45 minutes.

My experience was great from ordering to delivery. It was quite painless. Say the whole delivery process with it being as busy as it was took about 30-45 minutes.

This thread needs photos!! Congrats again on the delivery. Glad it went so smoothly - that's exactly how my delivery went in Paramus, and dang near nobody believed me that it really could be that good. It can, it should, and it is. :)

I really want to drool over that MSM. I was originally planning MSM but ended up picking Pearl White because my wife's Buick is white - thought they'd look better together that way.

Reactions: SMAlset
Friday 9/27 order in stock vehicle after talking to rep at noon.

Friday 9/27 @2:30 p.m. speak with rep about stock being in NJ nd me in NY with rebate from state. Says to switch vehicle to a stock vehicle in NYC. OK lets do this

Friday 9/28 call me @ 6 p.m. talk about logistics. Tell them I have no issue going to meet packing. They offer bring to Mt Kisco since car had been moved to Brooklyn. Tell them that I'll come to Brooklyn to save them running around. Car has 50 miles on it am I OK with that since it had gotten signed to be a loaner. Sure, it's still new gets the same warranty etc.

Friday 9/28 @ 10 p.m. confirm time again and we are set. Ask if I'm sure they don't need to take it to Mt. Kisco. Tell them no need, I know they are trying to prep and get cars out.

Sat 9/29 check account @ 6 a.m see my pickup has been changed to Mt. Kisco, OK don't need to go to Brooklyn. Delivery manager emails me at 9.am. when is good to call. Email it's cool I am up. Calls me to tell me that they took the car to Mt Kisco to save me driving 2hrs + into the city since he knew where I lived. Great!

Arrive at 3 p.m. the place is crazy, people test driving, picking up and placing orders. Couldn't pull in the lot,, asked to park across the street. Ok, we go park and sign in. I ask the nice lady if I can inspect the car before signing, sure no problem. If we finish the 3 o'clock deliveries sooner or a no show you will be next. At 3:45 my car is pulled into the lot and parked along with another 5 or 6 cars. We inspect the car and it's perfect. Another associate comes over and goes over the Tesla App, has us set it up, go over the features of the car and says we are good to go and sign the paper's. We sign the papers, get the temp registration and brand new plates, another guy checks my trunk and finds the mats are in there and puts them in my car. They put the plates on my car. I met the guy who brought my car over and he tells me, hey we installed V10 in your car because you were so easy to work with.

This car is a blast to drive. Had a slight issue with super charging this morning and I think it was because my account wasn't initialized when I tried to charge. Went to another charger later on and it worked fine. I know where I tried first was working because two other people charged at the 2 stalls I tried.

Great experience... I hope mine come soon.