Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Pearl White Model 3 with some early mods

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey mauswerkz, I love the look of those wheels! Any chance you would post some additional day time pics? Really curious on what the stretch looks like with the 245s as well. Thanks!

These are probably the best daylight photos I have with the wheels on.
MVIMG_20171127_083011.jpg

20180405_181812.jpg

Edit: Can't get the pics to upload properly, sorry if it's being funky when loading.

Last edited:
Hi All! First post on this forum. Took delivery of my Model 3 (long range, premium upgrades, pearl white) back in October and I've been loving it. This is my first brand new car and also the first that I can't really do crazy mods to (I'm used to engine swaps, EV conversions, etc).

This is the first car where I'm basically limited to cosmetic mods and wheels/tires.

Here's what I've got so far:

Tinted windows (40%) sides and rear.
Blacked out chrome
Front bumper "shadow" added
VMR V710 20x9 ET35 5x114.3 wheels
Michelin Pilot Super Sport 245/35/20 tires
View attachment 264465
View attachment 264459View attachment 264466
View attachment 264463 View attachment 264458 View attachment 264462

VMR was great to work with. I had to take measurements of the hub (and brake rotor retaining bolt) to make sure they would fit without issue. They machined them up for me and they went on with no issue. I love them!

Overall, the car is amazing. It's a blast to throw around in the hills, loves twisty roads, and is certainly more sport-oriented than the other Teslas I've driven. Steering is super quick, very responsive, and with good feedback. It's a very quick car, but it's no P100D. It feels very light, deceivingly so.

I drove it from the SF bay area to LA a few weeks back and it was wonderful on the freeway!
Dude I came across your car on the VMR website (they feature your M3 prominently on the landing page) and also on a write up from mycarportal+. I was debating between the MRR GF07 and VMR V710 until I saw yours and it instantly sold me on the VMR. Been working with Brandon at VMR to get my right set up similar to yours. I'm probably going with 19" and may try to stuff 255s in an all square set up. What are your thoughts on going wider with 255s? Do you have any issues up front with the 245s?

And you're local. Nice work!

Window tint. Living in Arizona, my only concern is decreasing the amount of heat the sun throws at me. A really dark tint might look nice and keep people from looking in, but at night it is a nightmare trying to negotiate around tight areas.

If I could get clear window tint that repels 80-90 percent of the sun's heat, then that's what I would put on my 3.

Actually, Llumar Films makes an AIR80 series (clear option, legal for windshields too) that will accomplish just that.