Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My RED Model X Plaid is here! And it’s perfect!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello all - So I had a delivery appointment this past Saturday and the car looked great. When I “took delivery” on the app and opened the car though, there were a few cosmetic issues, lint on the door cloth, smudges, some minor but visible red paint smudges on the exterior (could see at certain angles only, but visible) and a few other issues…I told them that this was not something I could live with especially when the front windshield had smudges, residue, burnt marks at certain angles….

They called the Factory delivery team, 3 folks showed up, looked at the issue and indicated that it will take them a day to fix it but they will fix it if I can wait for a day. I told them that’s no problem and we set an appointment for Sunday…

I show up on Sunday and it’s as PERFECT a car as a Tesla could ever get!! Everything was fixed…some very minor interior issues remain…and I absolutely LOVE it!

some initial thoughts after driving it sparingly for the past few days:

1. The Plaid speed and power is AMAZING…I was forever in the camp that I don’t need to necessarily get the thrill of an additional second and it’s definitely not worth another $20k/$30k…but I was wrong! I LOVE the sheer power of this car and just regular, slight acceleration gets this car going and is fun! Trust me, if you can afford Plaid, get it…you will be glad…

2. Handling is absolutely solid…I have not even had a chance to do launch mode yet, just regular straight line acceleration on a less busy road was enough to prove how this car commands the road..I was 100 plus at the blink of an eye and the car was driving casually, confidently with no issues

3. Definitely very quiet as compared to my Model Y LR…the silence feels premium!

4. Music and sound at all volumes is amazing..streaming tidal makes a difference too I would imagine…but it’s incredible..

5. The seats are just as comfortable as my Model Y…I wouldn’t say more comfortable, they look nicer but just as comfortable seats…

6. Air suspension is awesome…the car floats at crazy speeds and bumps don’t bother at all

7. And I was on the fence about a red car, but I am sure glad I got the red…looks stunning!

Attachments

• 3D852211-FEA4-4AF5-9A68-DD16F80045EB.jpeg
    3D852211-FEA4-4AF5-9A68-DD16F80045EB.jpeg
    970 KB · Views: 2,276
  • 4D0BEC24-A03D-4CDF-B16C-09EF12359AD2.jpeg
    4D0BEC24-A03D-4CDF-B16C-09EF12359AD2.jpeg
    930.2 KB · Views: 881
  • BA02963F-B8AF-4FB2-91EA-8928DFC02A5D.jpeg
    BA02963F-B8AF-4FB2-91EA-8928DFC02A5D.jpeg
    868.1 KB · Views: 792
  • 766D6A64-DB51-4846-855A-BD560752AD73.jpeg
    766D6A64-DB51-4846-855A-BD560752AD73.jpeg
    852.5 KB · Views: 491
  • 7DBD462C-A2E1-4E51-9EFE-456C59DBC79E.jpeg
    7DBD462C-A2E1-4E51-9EFE-456C59DBC79E.jpeg
    926.9 KB · Views: 899
  • 24482024-600A-448A-9B75-C30959F6B6A5.jpeg
    24482024-600A-448A-9B75-C30959F6B6A5.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 461
  • 3C94BCA6-147C-430A-B50F-7A9A4D55B78E.jpeg
    3C94BCA6-147C-430A-B50F-7A9A4D55B78E.jpeg
    631.7 KB · Views: 439
Hello all - So I had a delivery appointment this past Saturday and the car looked great. When I “took delivery” on the app and opened the car though, there were a few cosmetic issues, lint on the door cloth, smudges, some minor but visible red paint smudges on the exterior (could see at certain angles only, but visible) and a few other issues…I told them that this was not something I could live with especially when the front windshield had smudges, residue, burnt marks at certain angles….

They called the Factory delivery team, 3 folks showed up, looked at the issue and indicated that it will take them a day to fix it but they will fix it if I can wait for a day. I told them that’s no problem and we set an appointment for Sunday…

I show up on Sunday and it’s as PERFECT a car as a Tesla could ever get!! Everything was fixed…some very minor interior issues remain…and I absolutely LOVE it!

1. The Plaid speed and power is AMAZING…I was forever in the camp that I don’t need to necessarily get the thrill of an additional second and it’s definitely not worth another $20k/$30k…but I was wrong! I LOVE the sheer power of this car and just regular, slight acceleration gets this car going and is fun! Trust me, if you can afford Plaid, get it…you will be glad…

2. Handling is absolutely solid…I have not even had a chance to do launch mode yet, just regular straight line acceleration on a less busy road was enough to prove how this car commands the road..I was 100 plus at the blink of an eye and the car was driving casually, confidently with no issues

3. Definitely very quiet as compared to my Model Y LR…the silence feels premium!

4. Music and sound at all volumes is amazing..streaming tidal makes a difference too I would imagine…but it’s incredible..

5. The seats are just as comfortable as my Model Y…I wouldn’t say more comfortable, they look nicer but just as comfortable seats…

6. Air suspension is awesome…the car floats at crazy speeds and bumps don’t bother at all

7. And I was on the fence about a red car, but I am sure glad I got the red…looks stunning!
Congrats!! When did you order?? I ordered 2/26/22 and initially ordered white but changed my order to red. I did opt for the white seats as I'm in Florida and it gets too hot for black seats.. My EDD still says October..

Reactions: dmtheone

Looks familiar! I dig the red too and also had reservations about it as the date neared.

Attachments

• 363DA22A-D90E-4BA5-BD2F-23C9E887036D.jpeg
    363DA22A-D90E-4BA5-BD2F-23C9E887036D.jpeg
    683.7 KB · Views: 337
  • Love
Reactions: dmtheone
Looks like you changed out the rims….. The last photo has the 22’s. How/where did you get the new set? I have switched my order a half dozen times due to the wheel size uncertainty. I love the look of the 22’s but like the other benefits of the 20‘s also.

Looks like you changed out the rims….. The last photo has the 22’s. How/where did you get the new set? I have switched my order a half dozen times due to the wheel size uncertainty. I love the look of the 22’s but like the other benefits of the 20‘s also.
Bought them down in Orange County with tires mounted. They were used and are powder coated black, but I’m good with that. Got them for less than ordering them from Tesla on the car. Plus I still have the 20’s so it’s a good deal as far as I’m concerned.

Bought them down in Orange County with tires mounted. They were used and are powder coated black, but I’m good with that. Got them for less than ordering them from Tesla on the car. Plus I still have the 20’s so it’s a good deal as far as I’m concerned.
Oh I totally understand. The Plaid version is at the limit of my budget so I have been struggling with the wheels dilemma myself. I prefer the look of the 22’s but the extra $5500 and lack of range has been a back and forth struggle for me.

Oh I totally understand. The Plaid version is at the limit of my budget so I have been struggling with the wheels dilemma myself. I prefer the look of the 22’s but the extra $5500 and lack of range has been a back and forth struggle for me.
The lack of range is definitely noticeable for me. But I'm comparing to a MSP that I had just put factory 19's on and was up to around 390 indicated range. Now I'm at 310 indicated with the MXP and 22's. With a 100 mile daily commute, I feel the difference for sure.