Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My second longer road trip ~600 miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So excited: this will be my second long Tesla Road trip. Will be travelling from Tampa, FL to Greenville, SC.
I have a P85 and will be taking the route through Atlanta and will be skipping Ocala on the way up. I am also thinking of skipping Macon but I am not sure about that one yet.

Will be posting a tracking link once I hit the Road very early Wednesday morning.

I drive Tampa to Lake Wylie, SC several times a year, and it never gets old! It's a comforting feeling knowing other Tesla owners are tracking your journey, and many times they've provided really helpful info, like how much longer I'll be stuck in a torrential downpour, for instance. Things I can't look up while in the middle of it.

When @Cyclone made his first road trip I tracked him and tried to help him find an alternate route when part of the highway was shut down.

Pack healthy snacks!

Reactions: Cyclone
Hi all, I'm totally new to the Cult of Tesla. Having moved to South Florida, and awaiting our Model X, I'm really looking forward to taking road trips with the fam! I also need to read up on this tracking thing you guys are talking about :)

Hi all, I'm totally new to the Cult of Tesla. Having moved to South Florida, and awaiting our Model X, I'm really looking forward to taking road trips with the fam! I also need to read up on this tracking thing you guys are talking about :)
There are a few apps for live GPS tracking. LocaToWeb is the one I like, although you'll need to keep your phone on the charger, it's a battery killer when broadcasting location! I like it because you can set a session up and have multiple people track on the same map. @LoL Rick and i use it when we're heading to a car show (or cocktails) so we can see when the other is going to arrive.

Congrats on your pending delivery!

Reactions: DiamondHands
There are a few apps for live GPS tracking. LocaToWeb is the one I like, although you'll need to keep your phone on the charger, it's a battery killer when broadcasting location! I like it because you can set a session up and have multiple people track on the same map. @LoL Rick and i use it when we're heading to a car show (or cocktails) so we can see when the other is going to arrive.

Cool - thanks!

I drive Tampa to Lake Wylie, SC several times a year, and it never gets old! It's a comforting feeling knowing other Tesla owners are tracking your journey, and many times they've provided really helpful info, like how much longer I'll be stuck in a torrential downpour, for instance. Things I can't look up while in the middle of it.

When @Cyclone made his first road trip I tracked him and tried to help him find an alternate route when part of the highway was shut down.

Pack healthy snacks!

What are healthy snacks ? ;-0

• Funny
Reactions: Btrflyl8e

It is also a great tool when you stop for coffee and can get a text message from @Btrflyl8e saying "Dunkin Donuts? Remember your diet and don't buy a donut!"

• Funny
Reactions: GJ79 and LoL Rick
So excited: this will be my second long Tesla Road trip. Will be travelling from Tampa, FL to Greenville, SC.
I have a P85 and will be taking the route through Atlanta and will be skipping Ocala on the way up. I am also thinking of skipping Macon but I am not sure about that one yet.

Will be posting a tracking link once I hit the Road very early Wednesday morning.

I am a big fan of Road Trips and this one Electic ! how kool is that :) Share the pics and videos too ! happy journey

If you've never charged at Atlantic Station before, someone posted picture directions on Plugshare that were perfect. I've included them here

Screenshot_2016-11-23-05-49-02.png
Screenshot_2016-11-23-05-49-08.png
Screenshot_2016-11-23-05-49-14.png

Reactions: X-Auto and GJ79