Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY STD Range Onboard Charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s the rated capacity of the onboard charger coming with the MY Standard Range?

I do know that the MY SR+ comes with a smaller onboard charger then the LR AWD. But, I haven’t seen anything online about the MY.

48 amps / 11.5 kW, per Tesla onboard charger specs page.

Onboard Charger

The table in your link does not provide information on the Model Y Standard Range

625DF3FF-E905-4344-B033-3AC0AA914CCC.jpeg

Reactions: Rocky_H
It is not written anywhere, the charger is in my SR MY when I got it, and with a NEMA 14-50 outlet I charge my MY with the charger and the maximum current is 32A.

That isn’t definitive because the mobile connector is limited to 32 amps. The maximum amp setting in the charging menu should tell you (example below from my Model 3 while unplugged).

4FFF7CA1-2D68-4EF4-A6E4-630C939F7827.jpeg

But yes, that is what I meant. The max charge current I can go with my mobile charger that came with my SR MY is 32A.
You’re talking about the mobile connector that comes with the car, NOT the charger. The charger is in the penthouse portion of the battery pack. The charger in North American cars converts 1-phase 120 or 240V AC current to DC.

But really, this discussion is pedantic. Tesla makes one battery pack for both the 3 SR+ and the Y SR. They both have the same charger and charge amperage.

You’re talking about the mobile connector that comes with the car, NOT the charger. The charger is in the penthouse portion of the battery pack. The charger in North American cars converts 1-phase 120 or 240V AC current to DC.

But really, this discussion is pedantic. Tesla makes one battery pack for both the 3 SR+ and the Y SR. They both have the same charger and charge amperage.

It sounds like an assumption here, anybody with actual facts to support this.