Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY with new console spotted today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know most SA don't know what they're talking about. This is per my SA.

Any vehicle built after Feb 7th will have the new center console. However, the lights are only being implemented to Performance Model Y. We have not received any updates if the lights will roll out to long range.

Most likely the normal MY's will get lights as well.
Just like with the M3, eventually all of them got the new headlights. Makes no sense to not have new headlights in some cars and not in others.

Patience!

Reactions: Tedkidd
I know most SA don't know what they're talking about. This is per my SA.

Any vehicle built after Feb 7th will have the new center console. However, the lights are only being implemented to Performance Model Y. We have not received any updates if the lights will roll out to long range.

Most likely the normal MY's will get lights as well.
Just like with the M3, eventually all of them got the new headlights. Makes no sense to not have new headlights in some cars and not in others.

Patience!

I came to this thread to share something similar. Taking delivery of a Y LR next week in Chicago (125xxx VIN, black/black, 20" wheels, 5 seater, no hitch) and my SA also said the cutover date for the new center console was February 7. My car has a born date of February 13.

I came to this thread to share something similar. Taking delivery of a Y LR next week in Chicago (125xxx VIN, black/black, 20" wheels, 5 seater, no hitch) and my SA also said the cutover date for the new center console was February 7. My car has a born date of February 13.
Our MY’s must have been on the same train to Chicago. Mine just got there and trucking to KC for pickup on Tuesday. Also a 125xxx VIN but born 2/9

Nice! I ordered one on 2/12 and no VIN yet. I did have my SA put in a note that I only wanted the new console. Not sure if that's slowing anything down?

I did the same after being matched same day to an “old console” VIN.(ordered 02/08) I did read though that this puts me into a “waiting” category in their system. From the post I read, I’m led to believe that I will now need to initiate the vehicle matching by telling them that I am ready to accept a VIN. Until I do, my order will sit in a limbo status.

Is anyone else familiar with this? I would appreciate your thoughts on the validity of this assumption.

I did the same after being matched same day to an “old console” VIN.(ordered 02/08) I did read though that this puts me into a “waiting” category in their system. From the post I read, I’m led to believe that I will now need to initiate the vehicle matching by telling them that I am ready to accept a VIN. Until I do, my order will sit in a limbo status.

Is anyone else familiar with this? I would appreciate your thoughts on the validity of this assumption.
I’ve read similar thoughts and messaging from SAs. Unfortunately the problem is it’s just an assumption as no one really knows their process, even many internal folks.

But from what I’ve seen lately I feel you have a pretty good shot at getting the new console. Worse case you give the VIN back and try again. Better then getting no VIN at all considering it could be a while before they update the website with these new features (just a hunch as it sounds like the headlights will just go to Perf and then later on to the LR). My guess is they’ll wait to work through all these refreshed parts before updating the site at one time with the new stuff. But just my assumption. :)

I’ve read similar thoughts and messaging from SAs. Unfortunately the problem is it’s just an assumption as no one really knows their process, even many internal folks.

But from what I’ve seen lately I feel you have a pretty good shot at getting the new console. Worse case you give the VIN back and try again. Better then getting no VIN at all considering it could be a while before they update the website with these new features (just a hunch as it sounds like the headlights will just go to Perf and then later on to the LR). My guess is they’ll wait to work through all these refreshed parts before updating the site at one time with the new stuff. But just my assumption. :)

I live near the SF Bay Area Colma Tesla dealership and I have been checking the new MY cars parked at the parking lot each weekend for several weeks. Last weekend most MY cars (LR and SR) come with new consoles, may be two or three left have the old consoles. I saw two MY Performance have new lights and new consoles with built dates mid February. My take is that the old consoles are being cleared out and new MY (LR and SR) models will come with new consoles.

I live near the SF Bay Area Colma Tesla dealership and I have been checking the new MY cars parked at the parking lot each weekend for several weeks. Last weekend most MY cars (LR and SR) come with new consoles, may be two or three left have the old consoles. I saw two MY Performance have new lights and new consoles with built dates mid February. My take is that the old consoles are being cleared out and new MY (LR and SR) models will come with new consoles.
Did you for sure see Model Y SR's with the new console? If so, this would confirm Tesla are continuing to manufacture SR's to fulfill existing orders (and contrary to what many have posted here that they are only delivering existing inventory). I have an SR order (in Los Angeles buy no vin assigned yet) and it would be another nice bonus to get the new console.

Currently we have 22 MY SR RWD all colors and interiors in stock in N. FL. That's quite a few. However 26 MY AWD LR all with older consoles.

I would think all these have to sell before they make a new one just because it has a new console. Therefore I will wait and follow the inventory being posted. Opinions?

Did you for sure see Model Y SR's with the new console? If so, this would confirm Tesla are continuing to manufacture SR's to fulfill existing orders (and contrary to what many have posted here that they are only delivering existing inventory). I have an SR order (in Los Angeles buy no vin assigned yet) and it would be another nice bonus to get the new console.

I went last Sunday (2/21/21) and the announcement to stop selling the SR was late night Saturday 2/20/21. All the MY (SR, LR, Performance) I saw I am sure were built before 2/19/21. The latest built for one of the MY I saw was 2/19/21 (don't remember whether it was SR or LR). If you have a VIN later than 122X or later, most likely it will have the new console.

I am not sure if Tesla will continue to build the SR after the announcement date or only delivering existing inventory. Let me see if I can find out by going to the Colma site this weekend and see if there's SR built after 2/20.

Reactions: tbwnm
It seems like everyone who is taking delivery on a new Y right now (either this weekend or next weekend) appear to be all Feb builds, and it's either hit or miss with the new console.

If you're still waiting on your car delivery (like I am), then most likely Tesla is building them now or will be building them very soon, in order to make Q1 deliveries in late March. Perhaps there will be a better chance to get the newer console in those new builds, which may possibly be labeled March 2021 builds.

Reactions: bharath9
It seems like everyone who is taking delivery on a new Y right now (either this weekend or next weekend) appear to be all Feb builds, and it's either hit or miss with the new console.

If you're still waiting on your car delivery (like I am), then most likely Tesla is building them now or will be building them very soon, in order to make Q1 deliveries in late March. Perhaps there will be a better chance to get the newer console in those new builds, which may possibly be labeled March 2021 builds.
Feels so go good to hear such positive hopes .. I am waiting for VIN assignment as well for MY SR ,7 seater option.

Can you please share your order date? I am in the same boat, no vin. I had to reject a delivery 10 days ago. Price dropped 2k after that and my order shows updated price. Hoping for new console. Thanks