Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR Acceleration Boost Availability

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I considered that option because the P is faster, has better brakes, better headlights, etc. A lot for only $4k. However, I need the ride height of the standard car for snow and fireroads. I am not willing to modify the suspension of the P to raise the ride height and risk warranty coverage.
Ride height of the standard car? Get Model 3 then.
Thanks for this great thread. I've been to the Tesla website to compare the MYP and MYLR. I have an MYLR on order and am thinking about changing it to MYP. My question is, are the motors on the MYP the same or bigger than the MYLR? I.e. - if I'm not concerned about the stiffer MYP suspension and I swap to 19 wheels, do I get the 330 mile estimated range? I know that the 19" wheels have a lot less unsprung mass than the 21" wheels which likely contributes to the reduced range to 303 for the MYP. Or does the MYP have bigger motors that also contribute to the lower 303 range? Thanks in advance.
Rear motor is more powerful on MYP I hear.

Go do a demo drive and take it on the worst pavement you encounter. My experience with demo drive was simple, straightforward and didn't waste any of my time with salesman shenanigans.
The bummer is that it’s hard to find a MYP for a test drive depending on what area of the country you’re in. I had to crowdsource mine. 😂