Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR all season tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Different angle of the CC2…they’re not maybe as extreme as the other picture suggested, but the Pirelli’s do seem to fit the Gemini’s better. As a tyre though, I can’t fault the Michelin. Even in the recent drier weather they are a revelation over the standard fit Hankooks

Attachments

• C9034F34-40F7-498B-A2D2-D2174290924B.jpeg
    C9034F34-40F7-498B-A2D2-D2174290924B.jpeg
    294.8 KB · Views: 192
Different angle of the CC2…they’re not maybe as extreme as the other picture suggested, but the Pirelli’s do seem to fit the Gemini’s better. As a tyre though, I can’t fault the Michelin. Even in the recent drier weather they are a revelation over the standard fit Hankooks
How's the noise and comfort level of Cc2 compared to hankoks?

Apparently there is a new Continental AllSeasonContact in 255/45/19/104/Y just released this month. Available on Blackcircles.
Anyone had those fitted and can share experience vs the Pirellis SF2 & Michelin CC2 ?
I purchased the Continental AllSeasonContact in 255/45/19/104/Y about three weeks ago and travelled 1500 miles to the Alps and back. I am very happy with them.

I cannot share a comparison with the Pirelli SF2 or Michelin CC2. They were actually my first choice due to the "A" rolling resistance but due to lack of supply I went with the Contis. In the end, I am pleased that I got the Contis now as the specification is almost the same as is recommended by Tesla.

I could not notice a discernible increase in Cabin noise and I got 346 Wh/mi on my trip which was mostly done at 130 kph (81 mph) on French motorways. I am getting between 280 and 300 Wh/mi in the UK at 70 mph so I cannot see much reduction in range from the stock Hankooks.

I was initially a bit worried about the "B" rolling resistance on these and I will keep an eye on the consumption as I do not really want to put the summer tyres back on.

• Helpful
Reactions: thewanted and WllXM
I purchased the Continental AllSeasonContact in 255/45/19/104/Y about three weeks ago and travelled 1500 miles to the Alps and back. I am very happy with them.

I cannot share a comparison with the Pirelli SF2 or Michelin CC2. They were actually my first choice due to the "A" rolling resistance but due to lack of supply I went with the Contis. In the end, I am pleased that I got the Contis now as the specification is almost the same as is recommended by Tesla.

I could not notice a discernible increase in Cabin noise and I got 346 Wh/mi on my trip which was mostly done at 130 kph (81 mph) on French motorways. I am getting between 280 and 300 Wh/mi in the UK at 70 mph so I cannot see much reduction in range from the stock Hankooks.

I was initially a bit worried about the "B" rolling resistance on these and I will keep an eye on the consumption as I do not really want to put the summer tyres back on.
Thanks for the feedback.
Indeed preference for those ones as they have the Y speed rating vs 'H' only for the CC2 which is below recommended spec.

Thanks for the feedback.
Indeed preference for those ones as they have the Y speed rating vs 'H' only for the CC2 which is below recommended spec.
I put the new Pirelli Scorpion SF2 on a set of imported TSportline 19s a week or so ago. This is on an MYP. Really pleased with them. Yes, only a H speed rating but unless you're planning on 130 mph + with a full load for a protracted time, it's not an issue. They are XL rated and apparently designed for electric SUVs. Specs are actually better (at least on paper) than the CC2. About £225 per corner fitted by ProTyre.
IMG20230217134625.jpg

I put the new Pirelli Scorpion SF2 on a set of imported TSportline 19s a week or so ago. This is on an MYP. Really pleased with them. Yes, only a H speed rating but unless you're planning on 130 mph + with a full load for a protracted time, it's not an issue. They are XL rated and apparently designed for electric SUVs. Specs are actually better (at least on paper) than the CC2. About £225 per corner fitted by ProTyre.
View attachment 910506
Looks nice!

Yes I'm aware of the rather high tolerance for H marking but as Tesla OEMs come in Y and it's what's specified in the manual, I just want to be on the right side of the law if a tire blowout was to happen on the motorway and somehow a picky insurer (aren't they all) could decide to deny a claim based on this.

Reactions: spon88
Looks nice!

Yes I'm aware of the rather high tolerance for H marking but as Tesla OEMs come in Y and it's what's specified in the manual, I just want to be on the right side of the law if a tire blowout was to happen on the motorway and somehow a picky insurer (aren't they all) could decide to deny a claim based on this.
I hear you, but they wouldn't get far in court I suspect. To start they'd have to demonstrate that the tyre was unsafe and that you were traveling over the load and/or speed rating. For a tyre that's designed specifically for heavy electric SUVs with high torque (Pirelli Scorpion specifically), then I suspect they'd struggle. I agree that a lot of them are, shall we say, "frustrating" to deal with, but they can't just make stuff up to avoid payouts.

• Informative
Reactions: WllXM
Looks nice!

These are the Hankooks that came off my Model Y and currently in the garage. T0 marked and speed rating W…

Attachments

• CFF3610F-9AD4-4563-A1E8-BE82D69350DC.jpeg
    CFF3610F-9AD4-4563-A1E8-BE82D69350DC.jpeg
    493.6 KB · Views: 91
  • 15C521D9-57BE-4AE5-8DBE-05DB41CF45B8.jpeg
    15C521D9-57BE-4AE5-8DBE-05DB41CF45B8.jpeg
    383 KB · Views: 92
View attachment 910506

Off topic, apologies, but would you mind letting me know what was the total cost for the wheels please?

Off topic, apologies, but would you mind letting me know what was the total cost for the wheels please?
No problem at all. £2315 - that was including TPMS, import tax (just over £200) and a large negotiated reduction on their standard shipping fee. So with the tyres, around the £3.2k mark. Not cheap but I was prepared to pay it for the better practicality and improved ride comfort. There are cheaper options but not as nice looking in my opinion.

Reactions: thewanted
No problem at all. £2315 - that was including TPMS, import tax (just over £200) and a large negotiated reduction on their standard shipping fee. So with the tyres, around the £3.2k mark. Not cheap but I was prepared to pay it for the better practicality and improved ride comfort. There are cheaper options but not as nice looking in my opinion.

Thenks very much! I’ve been looking at those wheels for over a year now but just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger. They really are the nicest option, and I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels normally!

Thenks very much! I’ve been looking at those wheels for over a year now but just can’t bring myself to pull the trigger. They really are the nicest option, and I am not a fan of aftermarket wheels normally!
They are very similar to the 21" OEM but more practical. Very pleased with them. They're really good quality, although not cheap. TSportline were great to deal with, very responsive. If you do decide to go for it, I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Was looking again at some Michelin CC2, it would seem they increased by almost 50% in price. Used to have quotes for 800 quid for all 4 when availability was low, now it's more around 1200 but in stock! Other brands seems to have followed suit... is it me or is there a rip off somewhere?

Was looking again at some Michelin CC2, it would seem they increased by almost 50% in price. Used to have quotes for 800 quid for all 4 when availability was low, now it's more around 1200 but in stock! Other brands seems to have followed suit... is it me or is there a rip off somewhere?
That seems a bit on the high side. I was quoted about £880 for the Pirelli SF2s (which then weren't delivered) and ended up paying £920 fitted for the CC2s back in December.

Wait until the 'snow chaos' stories in the ragloids have been absent for a couple of weeks and then buy.

I have just returned from a trip to Arcachon Bay which is near Bordeaux on the west coast of France and thought that I would share some details on the summer performance of my Continental AllSeasonContact in 255/45/19/104/Y/ (my winter info is in the same thread).

The temperature was hot and for three of the four days that I travelled. it was 32 - 35 Celsius. I travelled with the climate set to 21 Celsius and I drove between 120 km/h and 130 km/h on the motorways which was most of the trip.

I travelled 1467 miles and got 298 Wh/mi which I thought was quite reasonable given the outside temperature and the fact that I am using all season tyres.

I would be interested to know what other people achieve using the stock Hankook tyres and on other all season tyres.

As an aside, I was paying about £0.25 per kW/h to Supercharge which made this trip extremely cost effective at £109.50 to go 1467 miles.

I have just returned from a trip to Arcachon Bay which is near Bordeaux on the west coast of France and thought that I would share some details on the summer performance of my Continental AllSeasonContact in 255/45/19/104/Y/ (my winter info is in the same thread).

The temperature was hot and for three of the four days that I travelled. it was 32 - 35 Celsius. I travelled with the climate set to 21 Celsius and I drove between 120 km/h and 130 km/h on the motorways which was most of the trip.

I travelled 1467 miles and got 298 Wh/mi which I thought was quite reasonable given the outside temperature and the fact that I am using all season tyres.

I would be interested to know what other people achieve using the stock Hankook tyres and on other all season tyres.

As an aside, I was paying about £0.25 per kW/h to Supercharge which made this trip extremely cost effective at £109.50 to go 1467 miles.
I posted here my consumption. I went to spain, it was 30+ all the time and on CC2. My consumption was the same

Reactions: jamr