Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR all season tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update for other TMC users. Booked 4 x CrossClimates for installtion this morning with ATS. Arrived to be told that they're a shortage on these tyres, with no stock expected until the first week of Janurary... now onto finding alternatives

Try BlackCircles or an indi who use Micheldever Tyres (as does BlackCircles).

As @Andywil, I got a set of 4 CrossClimate 2's fitted to my own (non Tesla) car and was surprised there was stock (I had similar issue as you quite a few years ago so my expectations of getting some were low). When I was at garage, Micheldever came to deliver more tyres and I got chatting to the delivery guy about stock. Apparently they have a huge number of warehouses out west stocked full of various tyres - he also said that Michelin themselves get their stock from Micheldever.

So at least worth a shot as you can initially check online.

I have a set of Vredestein Quatrac Pros that I fit a couple of weeks ago. I’m in SE England and went with them vs the Cross Clinates as they rested higher in the wet which is way more common than a straight snowfall here in the Southeast. (I say that as I watch snow falling outside).

No major impact on efficiency. No major change in cabin noise. Noticeably better grip vs the summer Tyres the car came with.

FWIW I have the 20” Induction Wheels.

Reactions: pow216 and davidmc
I have these on my M3, i belive the below is the correct size for the MY? They are brilliant. Last ages and really good grip in wet. Also no range reduction that i noticed. I bought mine at Camskill and had them fitted by a local tyre place for around £50 for all 4.

nearly at 40k miles on 1 set and still loads of tread left

£162.90 inc.VAT
Offer £154.75 inc.VAT
Buy-Info
Vredestein Tyres / All Season Car / Vredestein Quatrac Pro -
255/45 R19 104Y XL TL

Worth perceiving on trying to get a set of Cross Climate 2’s.

Just drive my ICE on my new cross climate 2’s in small amount of snow (but steep hill) for first time. Albeit short distance as Road gritters had done a great job once off the local roads.

I must say, even though I changed to them without the previous stock tyres been close to needing to be changed, I am very pleased that I did.

Not a huge amount of snow driving involved at 5am this morning (first one out and back), but drove down and up our road like it was just a bit damp.

Others not so easy, such as a van inching up the road front wheels spinning, and other cars tip toeing around.

They may not be full winter tyres, but still very impressed with the improvements over regular stock tyres.

I’m sure a bigger test will come later when snow comes during the day and gritters not had a chance to fully grit the roads.

These were a direct same spec replacement for my car but if it was for the Tesla (which it isn’t as that runs full set of Tesla spec winter tyres), I would double check with fitters as to exactly what spec they recommend.

• Informative
Reactions: Doudeau
Essex, 8" of snow this morning and my M3P moved a little off the drive (see profile pic), then dug it's snout in to the snow and that was it. OEM Pilot Sport 4S, not all seasons. I could have spaded the snow away, but the road was even deeper in places so my trip to Birmingham at 5.30 this morning was a non runner.

Hi, no no noticeable difference in range, noticeably quieter and while not testing them to their limits, excellent grip in both the wet and dry.
Certainly my first choice when I come to replace them. I’ve covered 13300 miles on them & expecting at least another 1300 before replacing them. I have only assessed the tread depth by feel not a gauge!
Useful insight thanks. Just to check if that is a typo or not for “another 1300 miles”. Very precise if correct but wondered if you meant another 13,000 (as they are only at half life).

After driving on the snow on the M20 in Kent last night I’m keen to get some CC tyres sooner than later - I want them before trek into alps late January for sure.

Been struggling to find Cross Climates 2 in stock for the Model Y (255, 45, R19) for our Christmas trip to Europe next week.
Was going to chance it with the stock Summer Tyres; however last year in our Model 3, 3cm of snow was enough to leave us spinning high and dry (Notably they were Pilot Sport 4's vs Hankook Evo 3') so I'm not sure I want to risk it on our way to North Germany.

Pirelli Scorpion All Season SF2 has been popping up as an alternative. Has anyone had any experience with them?
Ended up getting the Pirelli Scorpion All Season SF2's in 255/45/19R
They ended up being the ELECT variant, designed for Volvos. Stamped with the Three-Peak symbol; came to £800 all-in. Not noticibly noiser than the standard Hankooks, and slightly more comfortable.

Off to Germany this week, so will update on how they perform in the snow!

All Season tyres seems to have gone out of stock quickly. Can't find any CrossClimate this morning at the usual retailers... Too late to decide...

Can anyone recommend the Goodyear Vector 4Seasons? They seem to be the only ones left...

Okay. As I was afraid at the beginning of this thread, my local garage wouldn't sell me or fit 4Seasons tyres as my OEM tyres & owner manual states they should be 'Y' as speed index, or, for pure winter tyres, at least W (Like the Pirelli Sottozero that have the Tesla Homologated T0 mark). Hence suggesting that the CrossClimate in 'H' are a non-starter.
But there aren't any All Season Tyres in that size that have a Y Speed index and 104 Load Index.

Any suggestions?

Useful insight thanks. Just to check if that is a typo or not for “another 1300 miles”. Very precise if correct but wondered if you meant another 13,000 (as they are only at half life).

After driving on the snow on the M20 in Kent last night I’m keen to get some CC tyres sooner than later - I want them before trek into alps late January for sure.
Yea, another 13000.😀😀😀

Reactions: Doudeau
Okay. As I was afraid at the beginning of this thread, my local garage wouldn't sell me or fit 4Seasons tyres as my OEM tyres & owner manual states they should be 'Y' as speed index, or, for pure winter tyres, at least W (Like the Pirelli Sottozero that have the Tesla Homologated T0 mark). Hence suggesting that the CrossClimate in 'H' are a non-starter.
But there aren't any All Season Tyres in that size that have a Y Speed index and 104 Load Index.

Any suggestions?
Was it a Kwik-Fit? Go to a garage whose entire business model is not based on fleecing people who know nothing about cars and you'll have no issues.

They ended up being the ELECT variant, designed for Volvos. Stamped with the Three-Peak symbol; came to £800 all-in. Not noticibly noiser than the standard Hankooks, and slightly more comfortable.

I had a set of these fitted on Friday, I am very impressed with them, I have only driven in a small amount of snow but I did a long trip today through Highland Perthshire at around -8 degrees and I was astonished at how much grip they have on cold, wet muddy roads. I have had Cross Climates before and these are definitely better on wet/cold roads but I haven't done enough snow driving to make a judgement on that.

Might be mistaken but these ones are missing the 'XL' designation for Extra Load and Reinforced sidewalls. I hope it won't be a problem for you in the long-run with the 2 tons MY.

I have had Cross Climates before and these are definitely better on wet/cold roads but I haven't done enough snow driving to make a judgement on that.
Now superseded by CrossClimate 2 ... serious testing has shown spectacular snow performance ... equivalent performance to full winter tyres! There are always compromises to be made somewhere in the mix of course.

Might be mistaken but these ones are missing the 'XL' designation for Extra Load and Reinforced sidewalls. I hope it won't be a problem for you in the long-run with the 2 tons MY.
👀 Popped outside to check. 100% says Extra Load on the sidewalls! Honestly really happy with these tires, already put on 120 miles including in the snow in Brighton yesturday, took it slow but got through with no issues!
Screenshot_2.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    445.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Informative
Reactions: WllXM and Adopado