Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR / MSM exterior / BLACK interior - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat interior
OD: 1/26
Original Design: MYLR White/Black/19"/7 seat interior
Original EDD: Feb-Mar
Updated EDD (2/2): 4/7 - 5/19
Changed Design (2/4): from 7-seater to 5-seater
Changed Design (2/15): from White to MSM color
Updated EDD (2/22): 4/6 - 5/11, slight movement yesterday

Question - I am wondering if my design changes impacted EDDs in anyway? I thought change from 7-seater to 5-seater would improve dates a bit..

Question - I am wondering if my design changes impacted EDDs in anyway? I thought change from 7-seater to 5-seater would improve dates a bit..
of course it did.

Reactions: kaplan143
Got excited when I got a text from Tesla yesterday. However, they were just trying to upsell me to $80K and, of course, delay my delivery for several months in the process. Earlier they tried to trick me into a couple of white models. One was Performance and the other had a tow hitch. NOT the same as my order. They were also $3K to $3.5K more. In other words Tesla does not want to be stressed out delivering my 1/15 order in February, and they don't want to sell it for the price I got. Can't wait to see what they try next.
More Tesla shenanigans. Delivery scheduled for 2/28. Looked at the app this morning (2/24) only to see a yellow warning near my delivery date. Clicked on "go to account" which took me out of the app and into the Tesla web page, where they explained that I would have only Tesla vision hardware and no radar. The really annoying part was that I had to click on "continue with delivery". Presumably my order, 4 days from now, was on hold. No email. No text. No contact from my SA. I really want to pick up my car as soon as possible. Tesla is giving me the creeps.

More Tesla shenanigans. Delivery scheduled for 2/28. Looked at the app this morning (2/24) only to see a yellow warning near my delivery date. Clicked on "go to account" which took me out of the app and into the Tesla web page, where they explained that I would have only Tesla vision hardware and no radar. The really annoying part was that I had to click on "continue with delivery". Presumably my order, 4 days from now, was on hold. No email. No text. No contact from my SA. I really want to pick up my car as soon as possible. Tesla is giving me the creeps.
I got the same message yesterday prior to my 3/4 scheduled delivery. Nothing I didn’t know but still a little annoying.

of course it did.

rugox: I was relying on my SA for design changes I made, and not sure if he knows in and out. When I ordered on 1/26 and within a week, my dates got pushed from Feb-Mar to April 7 to May 19. That time, 7-seater has a delay by one month, and hence I changed the design to 5-seater wherein EDD remained the same. I asked him again if I can change the color after a few days, he advised that the dates may push or improve and we do not know what is going to happen, however, told me to check the next day and see if the dates have pushed out in which case you can revert to the previous config. Since EDD did not change, I left it as is with the second design change.

Is this type of notice normal (i.e. no radar) for all cars after radar was pulled or is this something new/not common? Trying to figure out if I should expect something similar when or should I say if I ever get a VIN and delivery date.