Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR / MSM exterior / BLACK interior - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received an updated EDD. Wider range, but first date is sooner. I'll take it as a positive sign.

MYLR MSM/Black/19"/5 seat/no tow
OD: 1/20 (early afternoon)
Original EDD: Jan - March
Updated EDD: 3/11 - 3/31
Updated EDD 2 (2/14): 3/26 - 3/31
Updated EDD 3 (2/28): 3/20 - 3/31
Central North Carolina
No VIN

MSM MYLR 19" black interior. No options.
OD: 1/26
Original EDD: January - March
EDD2 (2/3): 3/16 - 3/31
EDD3 (2/28): 3/11-3/25
No VIN
EDD4 (3/3): 3/9-3/16 VIN Assigned!
Austin Build
Waiting to schedule delivery

EDD4 (3/3): 3/9-3/16 VIN Assigned!
Austin Build
Waiting to schedule delivery
Crazy to see a few identical orders placed days after mine and others, but with much earlier EDDs and VINs already assigned. Not complaining, just wondering what the methodology is. Seems like southern states might have a quicker turnaround.

Maybe someone can help me here. First time Tesla purchaser. Here are my "stats" below
MYLR/MSM/19 in./black interior/no additional options
Order date 1/17/23
Original edd January-March
First updated edd Feb 19-march 19
Second edd update (Feb 20) March 6 - 31
Got VIN today then 3rd edd update March 3- 10

Got my VIN today. Seems like that usually comes with like two weeks then you get to schedule delivery. Not mine. They want me to take delivery Monday to Wednesday next week. Means the Indy dealer must already have it. I am guessing that means it would be either a rejected vin or one that financing fell through. Would that be everyone else's guess as well.

Maybe someone can help me here. First time Tesla purchaser. Here are my "stats" below
MYLR/MSM/19 in./black interior/no additional options
Order date 1/17/23
Original edd January-March
First updated edd Feb 19-march 19
Second edd update (Feb 20) March 6 - 31
Got VIN today then 3rd edd update March 3- 10

Got my VIN today. Seems like that usually comes with like two weeks then you get to schedule delivery. Not mine. They want me to take delivery Monday to Wednesday next week. Means the Indy dealer must already have it. I am guessing that means it would be either a rejected vin or one that financing fell through. Would that be everyone else's guess as well.
There is a good chance that the car is in transit right now. I am in Chicago. My car will arrive on 7th and they want me to take it on 8th. They are just backed up and want the lot cleared as soon as possible to accommodate next ones in the queue. Don't overthink. I am not ruling out the possibility of it being a rejected VIN. However, if it was then they would've asked you to pick it up tomorrow. My 2 cents 😅

Reactions: James2023y
There is a good chance that the car is in transit right now. I am in Chicago. My car will arrive on 7th and they want me to take it on 8th. They are just backed up and want the lot cleared as soon as possible to accommodate next ones in the queue. Don't overthink. I am not ruling out the possibility of it being a rejected VIN. However, if it was then they would've asked you to pick it up tomorrow. My 2 cents 😅
That's true, but they effectively did ask me to pick up tomorrow. I got the VIN today (Friday at 1pm local time) and they want me to pick up this Monday to Wednesday. I don't even have financing ready because the Tesla rep (and from what I've seen everyone else do as well) told me to wait to have a VIN first. I guess they may be open on the weekend, but I doubt I could process a loan on the weekend. So in my mind it seems like come pick it up the next business day.