Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my Tesla MY2022 LR mfg. Austin,TX in SOCAL. With all the talk about how bad the ride, wind noise, gaps and bad paint, I was concerned about the nightmare delivery process and all of the above.
I did the initial walk around inspection I was blown away. The paint was perfect and smooth, the fit and finish was excellent. Now it’s time to drive it home. wishing for the best and prepared for the worse, I was shocked when we got on the freeway. All those issues I was concerned about, well none of them turned out to be true on this car. It was quiet, no wind noise.The ride was very solid and grounded.
It’s the best car/suv I’ve ever owned.

To the naysayer, what is your problem?

Tesla Uber Alles!

I think the gotcha is really the variables. You had a great experience, that's great but unfortunately others are not so fortunate. We actually went through a checklist online and was surprised with how much stuff to go through for self inspection. They were accurate too, things that we wouldn't have thought to check, we checked and sure enough encountered issues. Little things like the rear passenger hook latch not securing itself, haha.

Unfortunately our paint had 2 pretty sizeable nicks, even the home delivery team said they never saw one like that before. So yeah, it's definitely varies.

In any case, congrats to your new car! Enjoy it.

I did the initial walk around inspection I was blown away. The paint was perfect and smooth, the fit and finish was excellent. Now it’s time to drive it home. wishing for the best and prepared for the worse, I was shocked when we got on the freeway. All those issues I was concerned about, well none of them turned out to be true on this car. It was quiet, no wind noise.The ride was very solid and grounded.
I got the other good one. There's two of us.

Reactions: Ken Thomas
I think the gotcha is really the variables. You had a great experience, that's great but unfortunately others are not so fortunate. We actually went through a checklist online and was surprised with how much stuff to go through for self inspection. They were accurate too, things that we wouldn't have thought to check, we checked and sure enough encountered issues. Little things like the rear passenger hook latch not securing itself, haha.

Unfortunately our paint had 2 pretty sizeable nicks, even the home delivery team said they never saw one like that before. So yeah, it's definitely varies.

In any case, congrats to your new car! Enjoy it.
You’re right. I should have been more considerate. Especially, after learning that is was a recent up grade.

Reactions: Kokukenji
Just picked up my Tesla MY2022 LR mfg. Austin,TX in SOCAL. With all the talk about how bad the ride, wind noise, gaps and bad paint, I was concerned about the nightmare delivery process and all of the above.

To the naysayer, what is your problem?

Tesla Uber Alles!
For what it's worth, my experience with our MYLR was just like yours. Picked it up in August and it keeps getting better. Brings back an old term I used to use; "Joy Ride".

Reactions: Gray Man
There are more happy MYLRers out there than this forum might suggest. As you may have noticed, people are more inclined to spread negativity than positivity online 😄

Besides, forums are geared toward asking questions about concerns and issues (I think that's a good thing). So it biases perceptions a little.

Enjoy your new ride! I'm just about to hit the 1-yr mark and am still loving my MYLRAWD - I dare you to sound that one out!

There are more happy MYLRers out there than this forum might suggest. As you may have noticed, people are more inclined to spread negativity than positivity online 😄

Besides, forums are geared toward asking questions about concerns and issues (I think that's a good thing). So it biases perceptions a little.

Enjoy your new ride! I'm just about to hit the 1-yr mark and am still loving my MYLRAWD - I dare you to sound that one out!
Tesla has the highest customer satisfaction, and that says it all.
Yes, many Tesla has minor fit&finish issues, but that does not change the satisfaction index!

Reactions: Volleyballmom
My 2022 MYP was almost perfect. No issues.

while my 2020 LR Y had a few little issues. Nothing to cry about and SC tried fixing it. At the end, I learned it’s all about the user experience and it’s been awesome! Fit everything I can ask for and some more. So Much, I upgraded to the P. Thx tesla for having a great resale value and I took full advantage of.

till this day, after 50k total miles driven, car still feel liked day 1 and still look forward to driving it daily. 😁

Congrats and go enjoy ur new ride!

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Ray 1948
My Freemont was 99%, with some weirdness in one of the tail lights near the charge port, and maybe a window trim alignment (minor). Or it could be the hatch isn't aligned on that side. The only real issue to be resolved is getting the mud flaps and rear door PPF installed, which should be gratis in Chicago due to our winters. One of the coat hangers doesn't always want to stay in tucked when pushed back up, but I will probably never use those.

Even after using the 4-page checklist found here, and even after inspecting the headliner thoroughly, today I found clear plastic sticking out between the headliner and the inner roof glass; some pieces being the size of plastic sandwich bags when pulled outwards. They were tucked in there pretty well in some places. And there are more remnants probably hiding. I don't know if the plastic is from the production process and didn't get removed completely while applying, or for shipping protection, or something else. I left a few spots sticking out and will ask tuesday while dropping off for service.

My Freemont was 99%, with some weirdness in one of the tail lights near the charge port, and maybe a window trim alignment (minor). Or it could be the hatch isn't aligned on that side. The only real issue to be resolved is getting the mud flaps and rear door PPF installed, which should be gratis in Chicago due to our winters. One of the coat hangers doesn't always want to stay in tucked when pushed back up, but I will probably never use those.

Even after using the 4-page checklist found here, and even after inspecting the headliner thoroughly, today I found clear plastic sticking out between the headliner and the inner roof glass; some pieces being the size of plastic sandwich bags when pulled outwards. They were tucked in there pretty well in some places. And there are more remnants probably hiding. I don't know if the plastic is from the production process and didn't get removed completely while applying, or for shipping protection, or something else. I left a few spots sticking out and will ask tuesday while dropping off for service.
Funny, about your coat hanger, is it on the right rear passenger side? I spoke to one of the service advisor and sure enough, it's always that side that have some weird issue. Even if we were to replace it, he thinks it will continue having this issue...

Also had the same issue with you and the random plastic pieces around the top headliner area. They were supposed to clean that up for me, but didn't so I did it myself with some plastic nip/tuck tools.