Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR2024 extended warranty - worth it or not?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you buy extended warranty?
Do you think it is worth buying for just delivered MYLR 2024?
My warranty is coming to an end on my 2020 M3 in Jun. Tesla just sent me an offer for 2 years or 40k extended warranty for $2400. I have until it expires to decide. I’ve only had one significant issue - they had to replace the super bottle for the battery coolant system. And 2 x control arms (known issue).

In your case, I wouldn’t worry about an extended warranty until you get close to expiry. You’ll have batter feel for whether it will be worth your $$ or not once you’ve had it for a few years.

Reactions: xcyber
My warranty is coming to an end on my 2020 M3 in Jun. Tesla just sent me an offer for 2 years or 40k extended warranty for $2400. I have until it expires to decide. I’ve only had one significant issue - they had to replace the super bottle for the battery coolant system. And 2 x control arms (known issue).

In your case, I wouldn’t worry about an extended warranty until you get close to expiry. You’ll have batter feel for whether it will be worth your $$ or not once you’ve had it for a few year
I did not know the extended warranty can be bought at a later date.
Are you saying you did not buy any extended warranty at purchase time?

AFAIK for ICE cars, manufacturer warranty extension has to be opted-in at the time of (or very close to) the purchase date.

I did not know the extended warranty can be bought at a later date.
Are you saying you did not buy any extended warranty at purchase time?

AFAIK for ICE cars, manufacturer warranty extension has to be opted-in at the time of (or very close to) the purchase date.
No, I didn’t buy the extended warranty. I’m still thinking about it. ~2 months/2000km left to go in the original warranty.
On a couple previous ICE cars, we had the option to buy the extended warranty up until the standard warranty expired.

Lots of people don't understand that insurance companies make vast amounts of money betting with people that things won't be as bad as they fear. And insurance companies are really good at it and know exactly what they are doing. I'm pretty sure it was called the 'Protection Racket' and with good lobbying they got it made legal and changed the name to 'Insurance'.

The only logical reason for buying insurance at all is if it makes you feel better. Kind of like buying "designer" clothing. Of course good lobbying got laws changed to make it mandatory to buy it under various circumstances and if the laws require it then . . . . . . .