Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing some concerning posts about MYPs with Tow package coming with intel because of shortage of parts needed to power hitch accessory with li-ion battery. Seems like lots are still getting AMD, but figured I'd throw this out there to see what others are seeing.

Where did you see that?
If that's true that's a huge bummer. Please provide some source?

original tweet is from January but it was brought back up in a MY facebook group, March MYP delivery with tow package had Intel/Lead. Looking. back through delivery reports, seems like there are still plenty coming out that have both. Not sure what to believe, I don't want any more anxiety about my MYP w/tow order but also really don't want Intel.

Seeing some concerning posts about MYPs with Tow package coming with intel because of shortage of parts needed to power hitch accessory with li-ion battery. Seems like lots are still getting AMD, but figured I'd throw this out there to see what others are seeing.
My MYP was manf. 2/22 and delivered to me on 3/5. Tow Package and AMD chipset.

Where do you find manufacture date?
I trolled the Tesla lot a few days before my delivery and found they'd had 25 cars delivered. I found mine by VIN and it still had all the shipping tape/plastic on it. There was a big sticker with a QR code in the windshield near the VIN plate that had the manf. date. I think it's also on the data plate on the door jamb, but I haven't looked.

VIN.jpg

original tweet is from January but it was brought back up in a MY facebook group, March MYP delivery with tow package had Intel/Lead. Looking. back through delivery reports, seems like there are still plenty coming out that have both. Not sure what to believe, I don't want any more anxiety about my MYP w/tow order but also really don't want Intel.
i think they have officially made the switch, early march they had a few intel's still coming but the new lithium battery and tow are coming with AMD. They only made a note that this summer there would be an update to fix some issues between the lithium and tow package as some of the tow features wouldnt work with the new 12v system. I spoke with 4 different tesla reps and they all confirms that AMD has nothing to do with tow package. The last one is spoke to was a week ago and they said all new deliveries would be AMD with the minuscule chance to get an intel but they confirmed there is no correlation at all between tow and Intel

Between the Tesla App and the TMC forum I feel less productive at work nowadays that's for sure. Honestly, I'm kind of enjoying the rollercoaster ride. I'd enjoy the ride a little more if I could just get one EDD change in any direction.
Agree. I haven’t had any changes. But if it did change I’d probably check the app even more often going forward so I guess it’s a good things it’s been steady the entire time.

Reactions: DesertEagle