Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve counted a total of 20-25 people in the last week just reading on this thread alone that have switched from MYLR to MYP. I can imagine that number in the real world being more like 50+ switches. It would make sense that for those of us who ordered an MYP from the get go initially had an April- may EDD at first has been pushed to June-July. Tesla needs to change their process asap

The sad part is the people switching from LR to MYP know nothing about a Performance Model Y they just want the car quicker. It’s sad that these people are getting prioritized. All I read on here is MYLR people switching asking about how rough the ride is on a MYP and have simply done 0 research and have no idea what kind of car they are getting into.
Are there people like that? Probably. But to lump everyone into that is just naive.

There are also people like myself. Who wanted to order a MYP to begin with but had other deciding factors. When I placed the order the car was replacing my wife’s 7 seat suv. So no 7 seat option in MYP. I also didn’t want to deal with having to buy a new set of tires, and most likely wheels because MYP were coming with pilots. Living in Colorado a sport tire+snow = a not so fun experience. Then with all the windows we had open and craziness of Christmas morning, Accidentally ordered a 5 seat MYLR. We almost canceled and reordered a 7seat when we noticed, but decided with our oldest out of the house and one right behind graduating this year we really didn’t need a 7seater so we kept or MYLR 5seat order. Fast forward 2 months we went on a trip and I got a MYP on Turo. And cars started shipping with all seasons. Almost made a second order but decided we would live with the MYLR. Then came the opportunity to upgrade at our locked in price. Done deal!!!

I am due to take delivery tomorrow. While reviewing the docs in the app, it said my car has 15 miles on the odometer. Just wondering if this is normal For a brand new car. What kind of mileage is on other recent deliveries? This all came together really quickly (see EDD changes above). I selected delivery for late tomorrow afternoon and the advisor called me today and asked if I wanted to pick it up today. But I was out of town and not returning until very late tonight. Makes me wonder if this delivery was meant for someone else and they turned it down. VIN is 4449XX.
I believe that is the default number they put on there.

Reactions: VegasMYP
Lol, who are all these people downvoting my "Switched to MYP" comment?
My FIL lives an hour from Fremont, so based on what I've read there's a good chance his order gets priority treatment based on location for the EoQ push as he's so close to the factory?