Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you did not want people to hate you… WHY would you post this here?!?!? I feel very sorry for the person with this same build that will have to wait an additional amount of time that you bumped…. But hell means nothing because it Tesla fault right?!?!?…. Enjoy the car… don’t let me get your spirits down… Congrats….
Agree. Tired of this. You knowingly purchased a vehicle with a long wait time but as soon as you seen others getting the upgraded version sooner you get impatient and jump ahead/into that line. Someone that did research and decided to originally go with the MYP was waiting but go right ahead.

• Funny
Reactions: xyeahtony
Updating. Please dont hate me!

My upgrade turned out to be a major success. Delivery date now 05/29-06/03. Vin Assigned! Southern California, MYP MSM/White Interior
Usually when we see such a rapid change in EDD like yours, you will need to carefully perform a thorough inspection when you go in for pickup. Tesla's usually don't sit around on the lot unless it was rejected or return by the previous purchaser. Check the mileage! Just a recommendation but if it was me, I would certainly check for any glaring issues before you accept the vehicle as you would do with any pickup but especially this one.

Take your time during the inspection and ask as many questions that you can think of and even take with you a checkoff list that others have posted online for your use.

This is a wonderful time and experience so make sure it is an enduring one :cool:

Usually when we see such a rapid change in EDD like yours, you will need to carefully perform a thorough inspection when you go in for pickup. Tesla's usually don't sit around on the lot unless it was rejected or return by the previous purchaser. Check the mileage! Just a recommendation but if it was me, I would certainly check for any glaring issues before you accept the vehicle as you would do with any pickup but especially this one.

Take your time during the inspection and ask as many questions that you can think of and even take with you a checkoff list that others have posted online for your use.

This is a wonderful time and experience so make sure it is an enduring one :cool:
This is a LR to MYP switch with an instant one week window after switching….. The car should be fine…..

If you did not want people to hate you… WHY would you post this here?!?!? I feel very sorry for the person with this same build that will have to wait an additional amount of time that you bumped…. But hell means nothing because it Tesla fault right?!?!?…. Enjoy the car… don’t let me get your spirits down… Congrats….
It’s like someone ordering chicken and while my steak is cooking, they change their mind. Then they give away the steak and I have to wait again. Oh well… Congrats and we do hate you… just kidding

Hey everyone, first post and I'm excited to be joining the Tesla family. 🥳

I ordered on 2/10/22 for a MYLR white on white 7-seat without tow hook or FSD. EDD progressively got pushed out to Nov 22 - Feb 23. I need a car sooner than later so I made the decision to update to the MYP, white on white without tow hook or FSD, on 5/25/22. I got my VIN F456 on Friday, 5/27/22. EDD was originally 6/7-6/17 then was pushed to 6/13-6/18 when the VIN was assigned. Tesla SA confirmed that it was built on the morning of 5/27.

I blame ppl on the forum for running their mouths about it. Most ppl wouldn’t have tried it if others didn’t come in boasting about it. As I sit and watch ppl who ordered after me get a VIN before me for the same exact configuration.
Keep in mind that some (many?) of these people are trolls and aren’t even getting cars period. Someone on the Model 3 fb group posted about how they were trolling here about switching from LR to P.

It's crazy that like 95% of the Ys on the road will be MYPs now, lol. I literally switched my MYP to red just to have some degree of differentiation.
Nah, most Tesla buyers won’t go on any forum to check out stuff like this. I bet LRs are still the majority of purchases. When I visited my SC a few weeks back all of the new cars there were LRs with 1 MYP on the lot total.

Reactions: DesertEagle
Hey everyone, first post and I'm excited to be joining the Tesla family. 🥳

I ordered on 2/10/22 for a MYLR white on white 7-seat without tow hook or FSD. EDD progressively got pushed out to Nov 22 - Feb 23. I need a car sooner than later so I made the decision to update to the MYP, white on white without tow hook or FSD, on 5/25/22. I got my VIN F456 on Friday, 5/27/22. EDD was originally 6/7-6/17 then was pushed to 6/13-6/18 when the VIN was assigned. Tesla SA confirmed that it was built on the morning of 5/27.
Awesome Mike Congrats! Hell of a entrance to the MYP community! Enjoy the feedback!😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Nah, most Tesla buyers won’t go on any forum to check out stuff like this. I bet LRs are still the majority of purchases. When I visited my SC a few weeks back all of the new cars there were LRs with 1 MYP on the lot total.
That’s what it was like at my SC last week. Mostly MYLR, M3’s and one happy customer taking receipt of a X Plaid. I didn’t see a single MYP.

Reactions: Madmacs
Only because you guys get so predictably triggered. Who cares, people are allowed to decide what car they want. Ordering a Tesla shouldn't be a life-altering contract lol. Nobody here is hot s**t because they ordered a MYP first, its a Model Y anyways, not a Model X. The car was never exclusive to begin with. Nowhere on the car does it even say "performance" except for a red underline.
No actually the only status purchase would be a MSP. But play those kinds of games win those kinds of prizes 🎉

Awesome Mike Congrats! Hell of a entrance to the MYP community! Enjoy the feedback!😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Thanks Robert. Looking back, I regret making my introduction in that way and being transparent about my order process.

Having said that, I can understand the frustration that people are having when orders aren’t processed based on a first come first served basis. It’s unfair. I can understand prioritizing orders based on price and profitability but I’m uncertain of the reasoning to prioritize updated orders.

Thanks Robert. Looking back, I regret making my introduction in that way and being transparent about my order process.

Having said that, I can understand the frustration that people are having when orders aren’t processed based on a first come first served basis. It’s unfair. I can understand prioritizing orders based on price and profitability but I’m uncertain of the reasoning to prioritize updated orders.
If you feel that way you should have canceled your car and reordered. 🎤

Last edited:
Reactions: LostLuggage

Welcome to the forum, Mike. I’m sorry your first post generated the “switcher shaming” posts, but it’s a predictable byproduct of Tesla’s cluster #¥[k scheduling system. I guess I should be venting because I placed my MYLR order 9 days before you, and switched to MYP almost 2 months before you, and I’m still waiting for a VIN! Maybe it’s because of the color, or tow, or I’m in California and all the east-coasters are getting prioritized until EOQ, or your name came up first alphabetically. Whatever the reason, my only gripe is with Tesla not being able to provide an honest EDD at the initial order. Hate the game, not the playa!

xyeahtony said:
Only because you guys get so predictably triggered. Who cares, people are allowed to decide what car they want. Ordering a Tesla shouldn't be a life-altering contract lol. Nobody here is hot s**t because they ordered a MYP first, its a Model Y anyways, not a Model X. The car was never exclusive to begin with. Nowhere on the car does it even say "performance" except for a red underline.

Diluting a performance model is a real thing and a genuine concern at a few different levels. If you know, you know, and you clearly don’t. Tough to explain this to people who have only owned Priuses.

xyeahtony said:

Diluting a performance model is a real thing and a genuine concern at a few different levels. If you know, you know, and you clearly don’t. Tough to explain this to people who have only owned Priuses.
I have literally owned Tesla(s) longer than you've been on this forum lol. This forum is a small sample of owners, and as evidenced by people actually getting Teslas in real life, its still the majority LR models that are being delivered. Only going on TMC does everyone seem to think the entire planet is getting MYP models. Just so amusing to see grown adults whining and complaining.
Like someone else here said, this forum is just a very small sample of all owners.
Here in MD, I rarely see performance variants and there are a lot of Teslas here.
I think I've maybe ran across 3 MYPs and a handful of M3Ps in the past 2 years.
I think the ratio for LRs to Ps is like 10:1 or probably higher.
It’s like someone ordering chicken and while my steak is cooking, they change their mind. Then they give away the steak and I have to wait again. Oh well… Congrats and we do hate you… just kidding
in a restaurant, if the guy who ordered the chicken got to that restaurant an hour earlier, they would obviously give him food first.