Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had an original order for MY LR: EDD was January 2023. Upgraded to MYP yesterday and immediately jumped to June 07- July 09. WOW
I see from another thread that your LR OD was Dec 27, 2021. Why did you have such a late EDD of Jan 2023? Even my no optioned March order only has EDD of Dec 2022.

This LR to P EDD stuff is certainly a mess. I can see the arguments from both sides. Should a switcher go right to the back of the current MYP line? That would give an EDD of July-Sept. Still an improvement over a Jan 2023 or in my case Dec 2022 EDD and wouldn't be jumping the line. However, I can also see the argument to jump to an EDD that would be in line with a MYP order from the date of one's MYLR order. So a Dec 2021 order would at this point be filled immediately.

The bigger issue seems to be people that switch and are getting prioritized even before an original MYP with an earlier OD than the switchers MYLR OD. That seems to be happening some of the time.

I see from another thread that your LR OD was Dec 27, 2021. Why did you have such a late EDD of Jan 2023? Even my no optioned March order only has EDD of Dec 2022.

This LR to P EDD stuff is certainly a mess. I can see the arguments from both sides. Should a switcher go right to the back of the current MYP line? That would give an EDD of July-Sept. Still an improvement over a Jan 2023 or in my case Dec 2022 EDD and wouldn't be jumping the line. However, I can also see the argument to jump to an EDD that would be in line with a MYP order from the date of one's MYLR order. So a Dec 2021 order would at this point be filled immediately.

The bigger issue seems to be people that switch and are getting prioritized even before an original MYP with an earlier OD than the switchers MYLR OD. That seems to be happening some of the time.
This is clearly about logistics and $$. If it’s quicker to get me a MYP in California and I’m willing pay $5000 more, they are going to take that. I’m not sure why people get fussy. Logistics and delivery are a complicated matter. It’s not as simple as who was in line first.

Reactions: M0delYPerf

It might be because I didn’t complete profile until sometime in March. Had no idea the importance of that until I saw in these forums

Reactions: Jrhcustom91