Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Estimated delivery date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
4 HOURS?!? that’s longer than a normal dealer lol. I hear most people have been in and out in 25 minutes lol

edited for clarification, i was in and out of the delivery center quick. just saying i went over it with a fine tooth comb at a nearby park before i drove it back home, one state away. i learned that Tesla has factory QC and also delivery center QC, they can handle some stuff there at the delivery center / service center if you find anything wrong. anything major would need a service visit at a later time.

Reactions: Tonedog77
Wait, is the double front window a new thing? Was the back double the old thing?

the front driver/passenger windows are now double paned to lower road noise. i think they have been delivering them this way for months. just confirming that. i dont think they are doing rear windows double paned though, doesn't seem to be necessary. the vehicle has excellent acoustics and sound dampening. i was standing right outside the vehicle talking to my wife and she couldn't hear a thing i was saying.

Model Y P suspension was/is terrific. people saying it isn't is a rough ride must not be getting these new ones.
the road noise is nothing, also overblown or has since changed when it was a problem.

The vehicle Tesla is delivering these days is a freaking fantastic product, period. Where else can you get a vehicle that drives like a Ferrari and costs $15 charge the full pack? it's insane. I paid $62K from the October 2021 order book. I could sell it for $70K right now, but I won't. Sorry! NOT for sale.

In summary, best car I have ever driven. Includes Ferrari 355 Spyder, BMW 540i sport package, Mercedes 2 seater sports car.

Best stereo system I've ever heard.

Supercharger experience was simple, flawless, and seamless. Steve Jobs would be proud of Elon.

Excellent app features that will come in handy in the upper Midwest.

I feel like I'm overselling this car but i am 100% genuinely blown away.

Last edited:
Picked up my car today. Pickup was to be Monday but they called asking if I wanted my car today. Needless to say I drove up there and grabbed it. Spent about 20 minutes going over the car and it’s got no issues. Traded in Red Model 3, took Red Model Y Performance and hit the road. Interesting is that their lot was empty 2 weeks ago and is full to capacity now with another 30 vehicles coming in next week. LOTS of EOQ deliveries happening in Indy.

As soon as we left the lot it started raining and didn’t let up all night so I didn’t get to stomp on it at all.

0440992F-F1D7-4B85-B85E-28F5133C0C70.jpeg

Picked up my car today. Pickup was to be Monday but they called asking if I wanted my car today. Needless to say I drove up there and grabbed it. Spent about 20 minutes going over the car and it’s got no issues. Traded in Red Model 3, took Red Model Y Performance and hit the road. Interesting is that their lot was empty 2 weeks ago and is full to capacity now with another 30 vehicles coming in next week. LOTS of EOQ deliveries happening in Indy.

As soon as we left the lot it started raining and didn’t let up all night so I didn’t get to stomp on it at all.

View attachment 815261
Excellent :cool: and Congratulations🎉

Reactions: Madmacs

View attachment 815261
I wish I would have went with the red.

View attachment 815261
Congrats! Sadly, I spoke too soon saying perfect from my pickup yesterday. I am doing a full detail to ceramic coat the Y, and found these issues. Bottom rear bumper on driver side where it meets the paint is sticking out a little further then it should be. There was this spec that I thought was dust on driver side rear door trim, but it’s a chip. Then on that same driver side rear door there is chip on the door where trim meets the paint. I put in a service request and need to drop it off on Wednesday. Technically my hood is a little misaligned, but barely. Don’t think it’s worth them messing with it and cause more issues.

Congrats! Sadly, I spoke too soon saying perfect from my pickup yesterday. I am doing a full detail to ceramic coat the Y, and found these issues. Bottom rear bumper on driver side where it meets the paint is sticking out a little further then it should be. There was this spec that I thought was dust on driver side rear door trim, but it’s a chip. Then on that same driver side rear door there is chip on the door where trim meets the paint. I put in a service request and need to drop it off on Wednesday. Technically my hood is a little misaligned, but barely. Don’t think it’s worth them messing with it and cause more issues.
Sorry to hear that, but good thing you discovered those things. Hopefully they don't have it long. Good luck

View attachment 815261
Love the pic of the Indy delivery center. Didn't see a MSM with my name on it, did you?

Reactions: Jrhcustom91

View attachment 815261

Nice! They called me Thursday to reschedule as well but I'm 3 hours away. I'm leaving shortly to pick mine up today!!

Woke up this morning with a VIN! F465. EDD now June 13-17. Looked for MVPA, but didn't find it yet. Now I need to change my profile from cash to 3rd party finance and finalize my loan with my credit union. Yahooooooooooooooooo! 🌈🎆
I was told delivery day has to be scheduled to get the MVPA in the system. Go ahead and ask them for it, it may prompt them to schedule delivery day.

Reactions: Jrhcustom91