Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m sure that they have tested the camera vision system so that it replicates what the sensors would have done. Will still make a beep noise but it’s the cameras triggering it.
I guess there will be YouTube reviews of it before our cars arrive.
Then there is the mention of 2023 models having indicator buttons on the steering wheel instead of stalks ?
So still a mystery as to the final spec our cars may be ?
Waited so long now I will just be pleased to take it as it comes 👍

Will still make a beep noise but it’s the cameras triggering it.
The issue I have is that it won't make a beep to start off with. This functionality (assuming it's "Park Assist") is listed as "coming soon" - and we all know what that means in EMT (Elon Musk Time). According to Tesla timelines, the heat death of the universe is "coming soon".

I've texted Tesla to see if anyone there knows about ultrasonics on our cars, but I'm expecting that they know as much as we do.

indicator buttons on the steering wheel instead of stalks
Another rather daft decision that anyone with a rudimentary education in human factors would tell you is likely to lead to slips. Someone should get Elon and the Tesla design team to read The Design Of Everyday Things as a starting point!

I’m sure that they have tested the camera vision system so that it replicates what the sensors would have done. Will still make a beep noise but it’s the cameras triggering it.
I guess there will be YouTube reviews of it before our cars arrive.
Then there is the mention of 2023 models having indicator buttons on the steering wheel instead of stalks ?
So still a mystery as to the final spec our cars may be ?
Waited so long now I will just be pleased to take it as it comes 👍
What? Can’t tell if you’re serious. Auto wipers and auto headlights are already beyond them. How does a low res camera, positioned where it is, see low obstacles? This is just a profit boosting exercise yet again.

Uk MYP for sale
£77990

It has USS !

If it’s a real car?

Looks LHD to me. Clearly the interior picture isn't the same vehicle as it is white/black rather than blue/white.

If we do end up with cars with no sensors I very much expect that although it’s not reported yet the cameras will be higher resolution. This could be a huge improvement in image quality. I read ages ago that higher res cameras were on the horizon and using cameras instead of sensors would be a good catalyst to change.
Looks like they do:

Reactions: Zedbox and Sanjiv
Personally I like the way Te
The difference between the existing cameras 1.3mp and these new 5mp cameras will be immense. The only disadvantage is that in low level light 5mp has more pixels to illuminate. It could be that under the hood they are using 5mp but for visuals it shows in 1.3mp. Time will tell

Reactions: AndyWarrington
Personally I like the way Te

The difference between the existing cameras 1.3mp and these new 5mp cameras will be immense. The only disadvantage is that in low level light 5mp has more pixels to illuminate. It could be that under the hood they are using 5mp but for visuals it shows in 1.3mp. Time will tell
If this is true I can’t wait to see the dash cam footage from the front camera!

Found this picture. No sensors. Does look nice and neat 😊.
A9E0821C-0CEC-49AE-A471-692A8B2EABA9.png

The only disadvantage is that in low level light 5mp has more pixels to illuminate.
Hopefully the sensor is actually larger, or they drop into a lower resolution mode and average 4 pixels as 1 in low light, otherwise the current poor low light performance isn’t going to improve.

Resolution isn’t really the issue with the current cameras, low light and dynamic range are the things that need to vastly improve.

Reactions: Bobby_Dazzler
Sandy Munro did a recent YouTube video on this, my feeling is the removal of ultrasonics/ upgrade to 5MP cameras should be viewed as a positive:
Absolutely - I’m buying the car for 3 reasons - 1, Tech 2, Fuel Saving 3, Performance. If I didn’t want a car manufacturer that tried new things around AI I would stick with Lexus.