Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Based on recent interview with Elon - sounds like they had a bunch of inventory ready to go in Q3 but just couldn’t get enough boats to transport them, so now it looks like they’re clearing backlog on delivery with suddenly available shipping which means there’s likely more than one boat coming in before year end and pretty close together.

Reactions: Sanjiv
Just got this from my lease company.

I hope you're well.

Your new TESLA MODEL Y HATCHBACK is currently waiting to be matched to a vehicle. Match Pending Month = December

Please note, delivery is subject to your vehicle arriving into stock and passing pre-delivery inspection.

This is the latest information available, which could still change.

We will keep you updated on a weekly basis - updates will be provided via email Wednesday - Friday.

Starting to get quite frustrated.

Has anyone else used synergy for their lease and had similar messages or more success than me?

Last edited:
I’m not 100% on this but as your lease company is dealing with Tesla as an intermediary you’re going to have to wait until they’re engaged to procure your car So you will always be a little behind a direct buyer with Tesla. My friend experienced this on his model 3 P. He ended up getting it a week later than people buying direct, albeit delivered to his house rather than having to go and get it.

Reactions: Adamhumbug
I’m not 100% on this but as your lease company is dealing with Tesla as an intermediary you’re going to have to wait until they’re engaged to procure your car So you will always be a little behind a direct buyer with Tesla. My friend experienced this on his model 3 P. He ended up getting it a week later than people buying direct, albeit delivered to his house rather than having to go and get it.
Yes they are planning on delivering it to me. I don't mind being a little behind but they just seem to have no idea when it is due.

Would you presume that by next week they will have more idea?

Yes they are planning on delivering it to me. I don't mind being a little behind but they just seem to have no idea when it is due.

Would you presume that by next week they will have more idea?
I would think so. Seems to be the Tesla process. I have paid my deposit and scheduled pickup for Nov 26 all confirmed. Still no VIN (other than the hidden one in the css code) and no reg yet.

It’ll happen. Just likely much closer to end of the month when Tesla actually receive these units.

I think in that case you may be the first person to get your hands on a Model Y Performance in the UK !
Time to start a YouTube channel, TikTok...I'll be a proper influencer.

Nah I'm just going to enjoy it with the wife and kids!

Today's texts attached below.

Attachments

• IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 63