Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if 3 days is feasible/realistic from boat arriving in Southampton to delivery to Scotland? Supposed to be delivered 21st but seems quick given the Grande Halifax only docked this morning.
That should be plenty time. As flynndean says they don’t mess about. There will be plenty pics of Teslas heading north tomorrow. Maybe some today and tonight.

Lets us know if you have any delay. It should be at Tesla the night before. I’m picking up from Glasgow on 22nd, but will take a peek on Tuesday evening to see if mine is there 😆

Reactions: JamesDN77
That should be plenty time. As flynndean says they don’t mess about. There will be plenty pics of Teslas heading north tomorrow. Maybe some today and tonight.

Lets us know if you have any delay. It should be at Tesla the night before. I’m picking up from Glasgow on 22nd, but will take a peek on Tuesday evening to see if mine is there 😆
They’re delivering to my house 👍🏻

Reactions: ichorus
Is anyone getting a key fob? Tempted for ease of boot opening and a backup for when phone doesn't work/forgot /lost. I don't really carry a wallet these days so the card key doesn't really suit me
Each to their own of course but my favourite Tesla feature is that you don't need a key and you don't need to do anything with your phone. Just open the door handle and go!

I don't carry a wallet either. I keep my Tesla card inside my phone case. In 9 months I've never needed it.

Reactions: boombap
Each to their own of course but my favourite Tesla feature is that you don't need a key and you don't need to do anything with your phone. Just open the door handle and go!

I don't carry a wallet either. I keep my Tesla card inside my phone case. In 9 months I've never needed it.
God help you if you lose your phone or get mugged for it..

I've seen rings you can buy that can do the same thing as the cards.. Might be a little safer :)

Octopus EV are making me sweat sorting my included insurance prior to pick-up (21/12) - I called up the 3rd Party Insurer and they've got no record of me or the Reg. (apparently you're supposed to get your Insurance Certificate "a couple of days before your collection")

Obviously I got onto Octopus only to be told "there's a bit of a backlog, let me try to push your Insurance through".

After waiting a bajillion years for this car...I'd better not be delayed by poor admin!

Octopus EV are making me sweat sorting my included insurance prior to pick-up (21/12) - I called up the 3rd Party Insurer and they've got no record of me or the Reg. (apparently you're supposed to get your Insurance Certificate "a couple of days before your collection")

Obviously I got onto Octopus only to be told "there's a bit of a backlog, let me try to push your Insurance through".

After waiting a bajillion years for this car...I'd better not be delayed by poor admin!
I’m with Octopus too and the insurers sent me my certificate 3 weeks ago (before I had reg so the vehicle section was blank) and it was dated 30th June. Took them over a week to get back to me and they still haven’t issued a new certificate. Car arrives 21st so I’ll be chasing them tomorrow!!

Have you asked Octopus about winter tyres? I did and their response wasn’t great. Not included and if I did change to winters they wouldn’t be covered under the maintenance contract.

Yep, it'll be straight from the boat to wherever you're collecting from / having it delivered too.

I can tell you that as I'd ordered a new one before these offers, asked them to change it to a car 4k cheaper and I've ended up with the same car, just minus 4k (VIN remained the same :))
Do you get the supercharger miles aswell?

Picking up from brent cross on Thursday. Can anyone tell me how much battery they've had already in the car when picking up and how much distance that will give you? I live roughly 62 miles from the hub.. Assuming anything more than 35% will be fine? Thinking about maybe hitting a SuC on the way home but I'm supposed to be working;)
40% There are 2 super charger bays in the car park for the shopping centre

Reactions: Andy B
Picked up my white MYP today from Birmingham NEC today.
Quite a painless handover and car seems perfect.

A notable thing is that the lady who handed my the keys was able to give me phone access through her laptop there and then. Didn't have to go through arval leasing or NHS fleet solutions to get access. Although I do not see charging stats in the phone app so maybe I don't have highest level access?

The car is great to drive, ride is much softer than the mylr I tried earlier this year.

One thing I have noted is that the steering wheel gives a lot of vibrations and feedback when driving fast. This does not exist on lower speeds, not sure if I am just over sensitive to the new car or a wheel balancing issue etc. Otherwise perfect

Attachments

• PXL_20221220_131243648~2.jpg
    PXL_20221220_131243648~2.jpg
    650.6 KB · Views: 57
Finally got my Insurance sorted through Octopus EV. Dentist tomorrow morning, pickup from Brent Cross after that...hopefully the latter will be less painful than the former!

Red Multi-Coat MYP with Black Interior + Enhanced Autopilot - Long overdue! I haven't seen many Red MYs in the wild so I'm looking forward to feeling vindicated about picking it as a colour option!

Finally got my Insurance sorted through Octopus EV. Dentist tomorrow morning, pickup from Brent Cross after that...hopefully the latter will be less painful than the former!

Red Multi-Coat MYP with Black Interior + Enhanced Autopilot - Long overdue! I haven't seen many Red MYs in the wild so I'm looking forward to feeling vindicated about picking it as a colour option!
Saw a MYP in red in Centre MK, looks incredible, was half tempted to change from black to it!