Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
have you contacted Tesla yet?

I would be happy with 50,000 supercharger miles that have no time limit.

I don’t think we will get a refund of the extra we paid. Unless we return the cars.

Only a gift of sorts.
I will write an email today. I don’t imagine I will be offered anything and don’t see how I could have grounds for return after 6 weeks but I will try even if it’s just to express my disappointment.
I wonder what tesla would offer me as a trade in against a new one😂🙈🤮

I will write an email today. I don’t imagine I will be offered anything and don’t see how I could have grounds for return after 6 weeks but I will try even if it’s just to express my disappointment.
I wonder what tesla would offer me as a trade in against a new one😂🙈🤮
I would consider a max range of 220 miles as a significant defect!
That has been present since the car was supplied.

The motors ombudsman service

This is going to be my next step .
My company is a member .

DA499B13-3B88-4268-9CD2-8E32D08B3E6D.jpeg

I will be putting in a written complaint today. I still have some unresolved issues that shouldn’t be on a brand new car and I’m still within my first 30 days. See what they have to say.
You have the right to reject the car.
You are within the first 30 days.
If the vehicle has any faults you can reject.
Boom
Get it logged.
Via email .

Reactions: daveface
Everyone has the right to reject a vehicle that has a significant defect with in the first 6 months.

Normally a dealer wouldn’t want this and would try and work with a customer!

Last edited:
You have the right to reject the car.
You are within the first 30 days.
If the vehicle has any faults you can reject.
Boom
Get it logged.
Via email .
email sent - Basically listed out 6 defects with the car, the change in specification/functionality (USS) from point of order (at no point was it highlighted to me about this change) and that unless they can suggest a suitable resolution, I will be rejecting the car under the CRA for unsatisfactory quality and not as described. as I have had the car less than 30 days.

I don't want to reject the car but I will if I have to.

Reactions: Zedbox
email sent - Basically listed out 6 defects with the car, the change in specification/functionality (USS) from point of order (at no point was it highlighted to me about this change) and that unless they can suggest a suitable resolution, I will be rejecting the car under the CRA for unsatisfactory quality and not as described. as I have had the car less than 30 days.

I don't want to reject the car but I will if I have to.
We all need to make a stand.

Telsa made a fortune at our expense.
Delivering cars with faults and missing features.

Many of these cars have been rushed out. still having defects that where there at delivery to boost sales numbers.

instantly reducing price month after month has forced people to start rejecting the defective cars.

Instead of reducing price tesla should have looked to make improvements to customer experience and delivery of its promised features.

Customers have rights and tesla can not side step them.

I encourage everyone to email and inform Tesla customer support that your vehicle is and has been defective from delivery and will be rejected.

👍

[email protected]

Dear tesla representative
I purchase a new Tesla on the xx-xx-xx
Vin xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
The vehicle arrived defective .
The vehicle has still not been fixed .
The price has now been reduced .
I would like to return this faulty vehicle and receive a full refund .
I will then purchase a new vehicle at the lower price that is not faulty.
Or
You can make me an offer to keep this vehicle that will cover for the difference in price and my distress at receiving a defective vehicle.

Over the past month I have called several times since receiving the vehicle and request numerous call backs.

I was only informed yesterday that I needed to use this email.

Last edited:
Reactions: daveface
Mine isn’t defective at all. I love the car but unhappy with an instant £8k hit. I’ve written to them but expect nothing. I’ve only done 1000miles. Bizarrely the trade in price of my one month old tesla is less than the RR velar that I sold to buy it, that velar was 3years old with 20k on it. £68 k new. I suppose its just a case of seeing what the market is doing in 3 years residuals wise when it’s time to sell.

Mine isn’t defective at all. I love the car but unhappy with an instant £8k hit. I’ve written to them but expect nothing. I’ve only done 1000miles. Bizarrely the trade in price of my one month old tesla is less than the RR velar that I sold to buy it, that velar was 3years old with 20k on it. £68 k new. I suppose it’s just a case of seeing what the market is doing in 3 years residuals wise when it’s time to sell.
On one of my calls with tesla yesterday the representative informed me it may take some time to respond.
The team dealing with this cover the whole of Europe.
The response time normally is 4-5 days.
But as tesla now have potentially 100s of thousands of disgruntled customers it may take longer.
He also agreed with me and didn’t think it was OK

What a disaster, fell for it again...after waiting more than a year, all the hype.. I very nearly kept my model s before commiting to the new MYP, something in my gut was saying you dont need it ya mug, but I couldn't help myself...

All I can say its left a very very bad taste in my mouth, hard earnt money burnt like that is a terrible feeling. On a brighter note my house went up £75k in the last few years. Waiting for that to go tits up now 🤣

@Tesla :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: JamiePP
Mine isn’t defective at all. I love the car but unhappy with an instant £8k hit. I’ve written to them but expect nothing. I’ve only done 1000miles. Bizarrely the trade in price of my one month old tesla is less than the RR velar that I sold to buy it, that velar was 3years old with 20k on it. £68 k new. I suppose its just a case of seeing what the market is doing in 3 years residuals wise when it’s time to sell.
Same as you. I love the MYP. Range is mildly disappointing but hoping it improves with the weather. Flooring it also emptied the tank of my X3 M40i pretty quickly too.

No defects so I’ve been happy since Nov pickup. Had a busy morning in it today and it’s so fun.

Annoying price cut for sure but who knows what that means in 3-4 years. I could have saved £5k (2021 pricing) so it hurts, just like any subsequent discount on any big purchase, but the choice felt right at the time. It’s like looking at what the neighbours’ paid for their houses. Life’s too short to have too many regrets.

It’s a devaluation for sure but not necessarily £8k when you come to sell. Who knows where we’ll be. Cars are depreciating assets after all.

Like most owners seem to find out, the Tesla experience comes with its downsides!

I guess I’m now in the ‘acceptance’ stage (esp knowing the Tesla customer service proposition)!

Not sure I’ll upgrade to a Model S or any Tesla when the time comes though.

Reactions: Durzel
What a disaster, fell for it again...after waiting more than a year, all the hype.. I very nearly kept my model s before commiting to the new MYP, something in my gut was saying you dont need it ya mug, but I couldn't help myself...

All I can say its left a very very bad taste in my mouth, hard earnt money burnt like that is a terrible feeling. On a brighter note my house went up £75k in the last few years. Waiting for that to go tits up now 🤣

@Tesla :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
We all did .
are you going roll over and take it?