Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYP Updated Door Panels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did not ask for the exact date but I guess it is late July. the sticker says July 22.

We got the VIN on the 25th and the car was ready couple of days ago but picked up yesterday. so I guess if you count 7 days for shipping to FL it puts the car to be built may be last day in July.

I did not ask for the exact date but I guess it is late July. the sticker says July 22.

We got the VIN on the 25th and the car was ready couple of days ago but picked up yesterday. so I guess if you count 7 days for shipping to FL it puts the car to be built may be last day in July.
Thanks for sharing. So even if the VIN is greater than 517, if it was built before 8/4, it was old style.

For those that have received the new door panels, is the area pointed to here still hard scratchy plastic or is it also soft touch now?

Attachments

• ADA0FCDB-DAE8-49EC-94DE-7493741762BC.jpeg
    ADA0FCDB-DAE8-49EC-94DE-7493741762BC.jpeg
    280.3 KB · Views: 181
For those that have received the new door panels, is the area pointed to here still hard scratchy plastic or is it also soft touch now?
It’s the same hard plastic used since day one. I wonder what those areas would look like if covered in Alcantara?

But the new door cards look awesome, finishes where the dash left off provides more of a “cockpit” feel. When my wife saw one in person she asked if we could carry that look onto the console. So Happy Wife, Happy Life. My first choice is Wood Collection that are made in Germany but RPM has similar trim kits.

Last edited:
It’s the same hard plastic used since day one. I wonder what those areas would look like if covered in Alcantara?

But the new door cards look awesome, finishes where the dash left off provides more of a “cockpit” feel. When my wife saw one in person she asked if we could carry that look onto the console. So Happy Wife, Happy Life. My first choice is Wood Collection but RPM has similar trim kits.
Thanks. I think the euro spec ones are actually soft touch down there too. With the new lined pockets I was hoping that change was made too.

I ll tell you tomorrow, picking up MYLR that was produced on Aug 16th in Austin
So... picked up my MYLR.
It has regular door trims, non-matrix lights, cargo shelf and for some reasons the arm rest is not on magnets how I expected. Also I didn't have mobile charger included with car, but I got email from tesla with a promo code of $200 towards purchasing the mobile connector or get wall charger with a discount.

So... picked up my MYLR.
It has regular door trims, non-matrix lights, cargo shelf and for some reasons the arm rest is not on magnets how I expected. Also I didn't have mobile charger included with car, but I got email from tesla with a promo code of $200 towards purchasing the mobile connector or get wall charger with a discount.
Your Y was probably made in Austin. The magnetic console was only reported once and it was on the Standard Range model that came from Austin.

Last edited: