Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyQ Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm having the same issue. It opens every time, but auto-closing has only worked once or twice out of probably 10 attempts. Hopefully they get it figured out before the trial ends. I was truly looking forward to this feature (Yeah, I know, subscriptions suck but due to some weird interference my garage door remote usually requires several clicks to work), but I won't subscribe in the state it's in now.
I had the same issue with the remote taking several clicks, I hooked a wire to each antenna wire and ran it to the edge of the door, so it would stick out right above the door just an inch, improved it 100% using the remote. Did nothing for the tesla issue. It's just a 14 gauge wire and stretched it over the track to an anchor point using wire ties and poked it out over the top of the door, nothing fancy didn't strip insulation except at wire nut, just used wire nut to hook to antennas at opener

Before anyone jumps on this subscription, here's what I noticed with the trial:

1) Requires internet connection to function, but often the M3 has no connection in the morning and is slow to reconnect. By the time I back out of garage, it cannot auto close.
2) The myQ hub has a buggy WiFi driver. It loses connection easily with my WiFi and gets stuck until a manual reboot. I contacted customer support, but I wasn't able to convince them it was a problem they should fix or escalate it to an engineer.

Not impressed at all.

I also have Homelink and it works much better since it doesn't need internet.

• Informative
Reactions: RoBoRaT
I installed the new G0401-ES, it always opened but would fail to close even when I used the old built MyQ into my openers.
If I pause after pulling out in the driveway it always closes, But if I drive off fast it fails. I think it's because it has trouble switching from my home Wi-Fi signal to the cell connection in the car. Short version: made no différance installing new hub, pausing works every time. I reset location after install.

Everything was working fine post holiday update, until yesterday. Now I get the consistent "Error" message on the display. Reset didn't help. All is working from the MyQ app and my Apple HomeKit (with Siri commands). I am on 44.25.2, not sure if 25.3 fixes anything related to this issue. I suspect this is a Tesla issue with the connection to my MyQ account?
Same here..was working about 95% of the time...last several days since updating doesn't work at all...I'm on the 30 day trial and will wait for a few months to see if they work out the bugs

Same here..was working about 95% of the time...last several days since updating doesn't work at all...I'm on the 30 day trial and will wait for a few months to see if they work out the bugs
Same here. Was working fine for a few days on the trail now getting consistent error. When I go back to the email received during the setup and login it states, Your 30-day complimentary trial is currently active until Jan 28 2023.

We have a 2023 Model 3 LR and subscribed to the 5-year plan $179.00, It works great 95% of the time, But sometimes it fails to close after pulling out.
I have noticed if I start the navigation from inside the garage, it will fail to close on exit, I need to do some testing to see if it's consistent.
Has anyone had any issues with this? My Openers have MyQ built in.
We have a 2023 Model 3 LR and subscribed to the 5-year plan $179.00, It works great 95% of the time, But sometimes it fails to close after pulling out.
I have noticed if I start the navigation from inside the garage, it will fail to close on exit, I need to do some testing to see if it's consistent.
Has anyone had any issues with this? My Openers have MyQ built in.
I just got MyQ when Tesla had the Christmas release. Worked good until a couple days ago … very frustrating… now it does not work most of the time .. communication errors

I was able to get mine working by following the steps someone else posted, unlinking and linking account.
I received the following email from MyQ.

”We're glad this new feature has been convenient for you. We've extended your free-trial period, as we continue to optimize the myQ Connected Garage service. If you are experiencing an error in your service, you may try unlinking and then relinking your Tesla to your myQ account to continue enjoying your free-trial experience.”

I don’t know how long the extension is because the email did not state. I guess they know people are experiencing problems and are working to address them.

I consider the extension a good gesture.

I received the following email from MyQ.

”We're glad this new feature has been convenient for you. We've extended your free-trial period, as we continue to optimize the myQ Connected Garage service. If you are experiencing an error in your service, you may try unlinking and then relinking your Tesla to your myQ account to continue enjoying your free-trial experience.”

I don’t know how long the extension is because the email did not state. I guess they know people are experiencing problems and are working to address them.

I consider the extension a good gesture.
The extension is till the 28th

Late last week, MyQ servers were down for about 8 hours so no MyQ. Chamberlain folks on Twitter apologized.
Yesterday, when I pulled up, the garage door showed "error" on the screen until I waited about 30 secs and then auto open connected. Oddly enough, the other door that is not on auto-open showed "closed" so one door didn't connect. How odd.

WiFi is very strong in the garage so that's not the issue.

A little more than 2 weeks into the free trial and thus far not impressed. Glad Homelink is still in both cars.

After last update, mine is working much better, opens 99% of the time, "Closes" went from 40% to 80% of the time. Maybe more, need to test it.
Hope I didn't just jinx it ;]. Anyone else noticed a difference?
Update, well it's a little better, but still hit or miss on closing, They still have some work to do, With that said, It's still very convenient even if I have to tap screen to close it, other than using the remote, and it is nice to be able to see if their open or closed. But having to pay for something that doesn't work as advertised is not good.