Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MyQ Issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My experience is the same as most here. Opens 100% of the time but only closes about 25%. Unless they fix this there's no reason to actually pay for the subscription and I'd suggest others hold off. If people buy a 'buggy' product there's no incentive for them to fix it. I also think the pricing is not reasonable when considering what you're actually getting.

Reactions: Randy-12
It's been flawless for me so far. Make sure you have the latest software update on your Tesla. I also read that it could be due the cellular not connecting fast enough when the car turns on, that's why it works great with auto-open and sometimes has issues with auto-close.

I agree with you there about the automatic closing. Doesn’t work like it is supposed to. But automatic opening works 100% of the time.

This is my experience so far. Opening has worked 100% of the time, but closing has only worked once in the last 4 days.

i'm wondering if there is some issue with the LTE waking up and connecting. I have had similar issues with music, but it's not directly correlated because it still fails to close when the music is playing.

It's pretty frustrating. I might break down and just buy the HomeLink adapter. I had that on my old one and it worked fine. Decided to try this on the new one since I have the MyQ opener, but if it's going to be this flakey I don’t want to deal with it.

I have the MyQ on my 2019 m3p, overall im happy with it. It has its quarky glitches but so does the phone app. I blame MyQ. mine will 100% open everytime, this took some adjusting of the range and home point but now has no issues. I do not use auto close so I cant speak to that. I will say using the manual close button is finicky. I have learned that i have to back about 20 ft out of my garage before pushing the button or it wont respond, sometimes when i push it the door will close right away, and sometimes it takes a few seconds to respond. Sometimes it reacts like using the app where the lights flash and beep for 10 seconds before closing, sometimes it just closes like pressing the clicker. I do like that it displays the door status and tells me that it is going to open as i approach. the last positive is I didnt have to install any kind of module to activate it. I wavered over the homelink vs MyQ route, price would have been about the same but i didnt have to mess with installing anything for MyQ. I intend to trade the car in before the MyQ renewal in 5 years so that was not a factor.

I have a MyQ device I purchased to let me remotely control my garage door with a 10-year old Liftmaster opener. MyQ has now opened my garage door two times when it shouldn't. The first time followed a closing error when I had to open it with my phone App. Later that night I had a notice my garage door was opened. I suspect that was a close command that got hung up on a server somewhere. The second time was when I was parked in my driveway close to the garage door. When I left, I closed the door with the phone app. Two minutes after I drove away the door opened. I got a warning from a separate system that my door had been open for 30 minutes and had to close it with my phone app and verified it closed by checking my camera to watch it close. Anyone else have 'ghost' openings. My current solution is disconnecting MyQ and going back to my manual clicker clipped to the visor. It seems to me that the car MyQ App doesn't check to see if the door is up or down before a command it sent. When I drove away after I had already closed the door, it should have known it was closed and not sent a signal.

Anyone else have problems like this?