TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Nag increased?

Discussion in 'Model 3: User Interface' started by insaneoctane, Jan 7, 2020.

1. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

No new firmware. But on my commute home today, AP nag was working overtime. I counted every 12 seconds. At ANY speed. Yep, in stop and go bumper to bumper I am being asked to touch every 12 seconds. I can set my watch by it.This is not my observation previously. What gives?
    Reboot? Others seeing this? Super annoying.

2. Jedi2155

Jedi2155 Model 3 has Arrived.

I saw this happen on a Model X driving home from San Francisco....Christmas update. I was shocked at how bad the nag is. I haven't check it on mine yet....I don't get the nag very often....as you shouldn't....;)

3. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

I downloaded 50.7 on the 5th and I'm not getting ANY nag while in AP. Tonight on my 30 mile trip home, 80% of the trip is all freeway (20% stop and go) and once I put it into AP, my hands went to my lap and the drive was 100% nag free, same as yesterday on the way home, but this morning over that same trip, I was nagged 3 times over that 30 miles, but not Monday morning, it was nag free.

More here: MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

4. insaneoctane

insaneoctane Active Member

I've certainly NEVER had a nag-free drive....Hoping it was just in a "mood" this evening....

• Like x 1
  5. Kiwiadventure

Kiwiadventure Member

What do you mean your hands went to your laptop. Are you for real and you are telling us you are not paying attention to what was going on around you. You even signed an agreement with Tesla you would keep your eyes on the road ahead for safety to others.

• Funny x 5
  6. cypho

cypho Member

He said lap, not laptop. He put his hands on his thighs.

7. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

And I fell asleep too... :p WADR, what a [email protected]$$ comment :D. Really, at ANY time did I say I wasn't paying attention? NO! I merely stated that I am not nagged to put my hands on the wheel while in AP, and if you weren't nagged after 10 to 15 minutes, what would you do with your hands (no kinky answer please :eek:), and I haven't been nagged since the download Sunday night. After all, isn't that Elon's goal, i.e., autonomous driving? As for agreements, how many people each day state "till death do us part" and file for divorce weeks or months or years later? FWIW, last week my wife and I celebrated our 45th anniversary. So, I am paying attention to my wife and my driving at all times ready to grab the wheel or her thighs should a situation arise requiring my intervention or enjoyment. Ahhh, they don't get old, they just get better!

• Funny x 1
  8. drtimhill

drtimhill Active Member

tsk tsk... keep putting your hands in your lap and you will go blind. :)

• Funny x 1
  9. KetchupKilla

KetchupKilla Member

I always keep my hands on the wheel but sometimes not enough force so I get the flashing blue on the screen.

As to what to do with your hands....keep them on the wheel. Split second reactions require just that, it takes time to lift your hands to the wheel and react. Let me guess seat belts also are so damn uncomfortable.

• Like x 2
  10. LACALawyer

LACALawyer Banned

Mine was particularly nag-free yesterday.

11. Twiglett

Twiglett Single pedal driver

I've found that keeping my hands on the wheel consistently prevents all nags :rolleyes:

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  12. Darmie

Darmie Supporting Member

May have been day dreaming however I believe I heard on the Third Row podcast all the nags will be going away.

13. plasmo

plasmo Member

I had nags literally every 30 seconds in my Model S on a recent road trip. I quickly got put into Autopilot Jail as it was too frequent and I couldn't keep up with the nags!

14. St☰v☰

St☰v☰ Member

No nag this morning.
    I actually got tired of tuggin' on the wheel and found that tweaking either scroll wheel, volume or speed would make the nag go away.

15. SSonnentag

SSonnentag Rocket Scientist

#15 SSonnentag, Jan 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
    The nags are ridiculous on my S. I live, work and drive in very rural areas of Arizona with some very long, straight and empty roads. Therefore I drive mostly with only one hand on the wheel. My car nags like crazy as I don't have enough tension on the steering. If I use both hands it does much better, but hours of driving that way is tiring, so I revert back to one-handed driving, with one hand or the other near the 6 o'clock position. Many times I give up and just go to manual steering as I can at least relax with my one-handed style that way.

I really wish Tesla would just up the price by $5 and include capacitive touch in the steering wheel. My Chevy Volt system worked perfectly without any need for the maddening periodic tugging of the wheel.

Edit: I think it was the Volt, but it may have been a different car. I go through cars WAY too quickly.

16. rdcisneros3

rdcisneros3 Member

My observation is that nag depends on the speed at which you're cruising. When I'm in heavy traffic going <20mph I rarely get nagged. On the other hand, I'd estimate that I get a nag warning every ~20 seconds when at 75-85mph.