Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nag increased?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No new firmware. But on my commute home today, AP nag was working overtime. I counted every 12 seconds. At ANY speed. Yep, in stop and go bumper to bumper I am being asked to touch every 12 seconds. I can set my watch by it.This is not my observation previously. What gives?
Reboot? Others seeing this? Super annoying.

I downloaded 50.7 on the 5th and I'm not getting ANY nag while in AP. Tonight on my 30 mile trip home, 80% of the trip is all freeway (20% stop and go) and once I put it into AP, my hands went to my lap and the drive was 100% nag free, same as yesterday on the way home, but this morning over that same trip, I was nagged 3 times over that 30 miles, but not Monday morning, it was nag free.

More here: MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode

I downloaded 50.7 on the 5th and I'm not getting ANY nag while in AP. Tonight on my 30 mile trip home, 80% of the trip is all freeway (20% stop and go) and once I put it into AP, my hands went to my lap and the drive was 100% nag free, same as yesterday on the way home, but this morning over that same trip, I was nagged 3 times over that 30 miles, but not Monday morning, it was nag free.

More here: MASTER THREAD: 2019.40.50.x - Driving Visualization improvements, new voice commands, Camping Mode
I've certainly NEVER had a nag-free drive....Hoping it was just in a "mood" this evening....

Reactions: ZappCatt

What do you mean your hands went to your laptop. Are you for real and you are telling us you are not paying attention to what was going on around you. You even signed an agreement with Tesla you would keep your eyes on the road ahead for safety to others.

What do you mean your hands went to your laptop. Are you for real and you are telling us you are not paying attention to what was going on around you. You even signed an agreement with Tesla you would keep your eyes on the road ahead for safety to others.

And I fell asleep too... :p WADR, what a dumb@$$ comment :D. Really, at ANY time did I say I wasn't paying attention? NO! I merely stated that I am not nagged to put my hands on the wheel while in AP, and if you weren't nagged after 10 to 15 minutes, what would you do with your hands (no kinky answer please :eek:), and I haven't been nagged since the download Sunday night. After all, isn't that Elon's goal, i.e., autonomous driving? As for agreements, how many people each day state "till death do us part" and file for divorce weeks or months or years later? FWIW, last week my wife and I celebrated our 45th anniversary. So, I am paying attention to my wife and my driving at all times ready to grab the wheel or her thighs should a situation arise requiring my intervention or enjoyment. Ahhh, they don't get old, they just get better!

• Funny
Reactions: insaneoctane
And I fell asleep too... :p WADR, what a dumb@$$ comment :D. Really, at ANY time did I say I wasn't paying attention? NO! I merely stated that I am not nagged to put my hands on the wheel while in AP, and if you weren't nagged after 10 to 15 minutes, what would you do with your hands (no kinky answer please :eek:), and I haven't been nagged since the download Sunday night. After all, isn't that Elon's goal, i.e., autonomous driving? As for agreements, how many people each day state "till death do us part" and file for divorce weeks or months or years later? FWIW, last week my wife and I celebrated our 45th anniversary. So, I am paying attention to my wife and my driving at all times ready to grab the wheel or her thighs should a situation arise requiring my intervention or enjoyment. Ahhh, they don't get old, they just get better!

tsk tsk... keep putting your hands in your lap and you will go blind. :)

• Funny
Reactions: St☰v☰
I always keep my hands on the wheel but sometimes not enough force so I get the flashing blue on the screen.

As to what to do with your hands....keep them on the wheel. Split second reactions require just that, it takes time to lift your hands to the wheel and react. Let me guess seat belts also are so damn uncomfortable.

No nag this morning.
I had nags literally every 30 seconds in my Model S on a recent road trip. I quickly got put into Autopilot Jail as it was too frequent and I couldn't keep up with the nags!

I actually got tired of tuggin' on the wheel and found that tweaking either scroll wheel, volume or speed would make the nag go away.

The nags are ridiculous on my S. I live, work and drive in very rural areas of Arizona with some very long, straight and empty roads. Therefore I drive mostly with only one hand on the wheel. My car nags like crazy as I don't have enough tension on the steering. If I use both hands it does much better, but hours of driving that way is tiring, so I revert back to one-handed driving, with one hand or the other near the 6 o'clock position. Many times I give up and just go to manual steering as I can at least relax with my one-handed style that way.

I really wish Tesla would just up the price by $5 and include capacitive touch in the steering wheel. My Chevy Volt system worked perfectly without any need for the maddening periodic tugging of the wheel.

Edit: I think it was the Volt, but it may have been a different car. I go through cars WAY too quickly.

Last edited: