Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Continuous nags when driving behind a truck today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Strange thing happened to me on the way to work today. I drive this road a LOT. Two lanes each direction, separated by a big fence/barrier. I have 95k miles on my 2019 M3, and at least 80% has been on AP. So I'm no stranger to how things work. Today was completely unusual. I was behind a large truck--kind of like an 18-wheeler, but not with 18 wheels. (I do have my cabin camera covered, as I have for a couple of years. Not sure if that is relevant.) I was getting constant nags. Like I mean, constant. Less than one second between nags and it continued the entire time I was behind this truck, for about 90 seconds. Then it stopped. Not a concern, but curious if anyone else has seen this. In all those AP miles, I have never had it happen.

I'm not surprised. The nags do vary based on how complex the current driving situation is, but sometimes strange things happen. I had the opposite occur and drove for 20 miles with no nags despite my hands being of the wheel a few months ago. Then, the car put up a notice that it detected a defeat device on the wheel!

In the OPs instance, perhaps a disengagement would clear the issue after reengaging.