Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nagshead charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also if you make it down to Hatteras you can charge at the camp ground or at the boat slips (They all have 240 / 50 AMP)

I have done this in Ocean City and Chincoteague Island. You just need the marine adapter off Amazon... which will give you a 14-50 output.

Get this one
NEMA 14-50R to 50A Locking (CS6369) Shore Power Adapter

PSS21450AMP.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: OBX John
Also if you make it down to Hatteras you can charge at the camp ground or at the boat slips (They all have 240 / 50 AMP)

I have done this in Ocean City and Chincoteague Island. You just need the marine adapter off Amazon... which will give you a 14-50 output.

Get this one
NEMA 14-50R to 50A Locking (CS6369) Shore Power Adapter

View attachment 243910
Interesting... We're there now in a house with not-so-great access to a dryer socket and planning for next year when we will have either a 3 or an X. How do you use marina power, do you rent a slip for a day for the length of your car? :D

(Of course, the SuC just before OBX may be enough if you don't do a ton of driving on the island, or can top off with 12 Amps all the time you are there.....)

And, do you have a link for that adapter? Amazon doesn't come up with anything when I search for that CS6369. Lots of others close to it. Thanks!

Edit: Found it on EVSEAdapters, where I've gotten a lot of good adapters before...

NEMA 14-50R to 50A Locking (CS6369) Adapter

Seems some of the confusion may be a lot of the numbers are cross-compatible (from EVSE Adapters)

With this adapter, you can charge at many of the 50 amp twist-lock outlets common at marinas. Features a 50 amp twist-lock CS6365 plug which mates to a CS6364 / CS6369 / CS6375 receptacle. The opposite end is a NEMA 14-50 receptacle to plug in to your RV, Tesla Model S or X, or any other appliance with a NEMA 14-50 plug. Made with heavy duty 8 gauge cable. Length, 2 ft. These marina outlets go by several different designations, but they're all the same - see the complete list below.

Cross-reference list / compatible with:
  • CS6364
  • CS6365
  • CS6369
  • CS6375

Last edited:
Tesla just released a new updated super charger map for 2018, it appears that Point Harbor just before the Wrightsville bridge will be getting an SC or maybe one of the new Urban SC's, either way look's like Nagshead will be getting some SC love.

For anyone who'd like to rent an OBX home with a Tesla Charger, our rental house is almost ready Otter Creek Rental House

Rates start at $100 a night for the offseason for anyone who "likes" the Facebook page.
Wish you had a property on Hatteras Island! :D That does look extremely inviting for a KDH location (which from the road always looks like too many swimsuit stores!).

For anyone who'd like to rent an OBX home with a Tesla Charger, our rental house is almost ready Otter Creek Rental House

Rates start at $100 a night for the offseason for anyone who "likes" the Facebook page.

Very nice looking. Too bad we already have our rental setup for this year. We will definitely keep you in mind for next year.

When is the anticipated "ready" date? Also is it currently off season since labor day has past?

It's actually ready now to stay in I just don't have everything done. It only has internet, no TV service yet, and I have to buy a grill and some porch furniture.

I'm willing to give a discounted rate to Tesla owners, especially those willing to leave a review on the Facebook page.

I'm still not sure what my overall rate structure will be... it does depend on the planned use. I'm fine with $100 a night for a couple, but if it's going to be a full four bedrooms, I'd have to charge more. There is a cleaning fee as well that depends on number of people, but does include sheets and towels.

I'll have the full seasonal rate structure up soon when I get the VRBO listing done.

Thanks for your interest!

It's actually ready now to stay in I just don't have everything done. It only has internet, no TV service yet, and I have to buy a grill and some porch furniture.

I'm willing to give a discounted rate to Tesla owners, especially those willing to leave a review on the Facebook page.

I'm still not sure what my overall rate structure will be... it does depend on the planned use. I'm fine with $100 a night for a couple, but if it's going to be a full four bedrooms, I'd have to charge more. There is a cleaning fee as well that depends on number of people, but does include sheets and towels.

I'll have the full seasonal rate structure up soon when I get the VRBO listing done.

Thanks for your interest!

Awesome. I know quite a few Tesla owners in the Hampton Roads area and would be happy to spread the word. Send info my way once everything is ready.

Erick