Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nail... in my tire...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y'all,

Well, getting touch with the Tesla folks has been a bit of a challenge. Left messages, tried to email... anyway, I have a nail in one of my tires. about 20K on my car. Do i really need to replace all the tires because I have all wheel drive? Any/all feedback appreciated and thank you in advance!

Hey y'all,

Well, getting touch with the Tesla folks has been a bit of a challenge. Left messages, tried to email... anyway, I have a nail in one of my tires. about 20K on my car. Do i really need to replace all the tires because I have all wheel drive? Any/all feedback appreciated and thank you in advance!

The "because I have awd" thing applies to ICE cars due to things like damage to the transfer case. Teslas dont have that issue, and if you get a loaner tire from them and your car has 20s, they will happily put 19s on there and tell you its fine ( I even have that in writing from them that its fine).

The "because I have awd" thing applies to ICE cars due to things like damage to the transfer case. Teslas dont have that issue, and if you get a loaner tire from them and your car has 20s, they will happily put 19s on there and tell you its fine ( I even have that in writing from them that its fine).
I think the concern is that you're overworking the diff on the same axle if the circumference is different - which still applies to Teslas. To what extent this is "actually" an issue... I don't know.