TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

National Geographic

Discussion in 'News' started by vfx, Oct 26, 2009.

1. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

National Geographic Magazine - NGM.com

cars1.jpg

This seems like a small number. Here in LA there seems to be many undocumented ones that I hear about almost every week.

If Nissan is putting in a thousand in San Diego and 1000 in Seattle, doea that really mean a quadrupling of the existing charge infrastructure?

mods.
    Is this better under "charging infrastructure"?

2. johnr

johnr Member

3. vfx

vfx Well-Known Member

Not buying it. What about 900 Teslas delivered? Until we put down money on a Roadster we did not realize that my wife's company has 2 chargers in 4 locked parking garages. That's 8 stations not on any list, and as i said I keep hearing about people and companies that have chargers that are not accessible to the public like at factories, in film studios and private homes.

My wild guess is 1,200

4. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

I like the Lego man motif.

cars2.jpg

Is that pound of CO2 per mile directly out the tailpipe, or does it include the upstream emissions as well? (I.e. extraction, refinement, transport, etc.)

5. donauker

donauker Member

At 21mpg the tailpipe value alone is .9238 lb.

Emission Facts: Average Carbon Dioxide Emissions Resulting from Gasoline and Diesel Fuel | US EPA

6. edo

edo Member

7. felix the cat

felix the cat P1370 (Europe)

energy for drilling the oil

In addition to the energy used for the refinery comes the amount of oil, that is used to drill the oil. The estimated worldwide efficiency is 17:1 and is continuously declining.

This accounts for a 6% of the oil used to drill it.

(theoildrum.com)